First person games (not shooters)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Primoz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #1 Primoz, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    I'm not looking for classic FPS (first person shooters). I'm looking for games like portal, or Mirrors edge (on PC).

I found a game called Wormholes (Portal clone) so far, but aren't there more? I also remember some game (with similar test lab theme), only that there were cubes and you could move those cubes around... And there was another one, where you could build cubes by yourself to make it trough the level...
    Have those two been released already? Please help me out with the list :) (and please, no Minecraf or it's clones).

The list:
    - Wormholes
    - ConstructXp
    - 7he code
    - Subject 7
    - Surveillant
    - Cubez
    - Q.U.B.E. (upcoming)

Edit: found one, it's called QUBE (quick understanding of block extrusion), but it's not released yet.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks. I'm downloading it right now.

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Ok, I downloaded the game and was excited to try it. It starts in a room and the camera is slowly tilting left and right. And you can't do anything - that's it, you can only watch this room... Perhaps the game isn't supposed to run on my device (3Gs). Kinda want my buck back.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Sorry for triple post, but I found the other one I was looking for. It's called "Cubez!" and it should have been released several months ago. So now I don't know if its still coming or not. Here's the tread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=130581

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The developer of Cubez! Has still some recent activity on their twitter, so there's still hope for that game.

But is this all? 4 first person puzzle games??

7. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    Two more games:
    7he code. You solve puzzles to find the code to unlock the door and exit the level.
    Subject 7: I can't say anything about this one as I haven't played it, but it seems very cool.

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks a ton! Those are definitely the games I was looking for. I'm downloading 7he code right now. Subject 7 unfortunately doesent work only device :(

9. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    One more: Myst. A bit pricey, but incredible.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I played myst, it's a great puzzler, but I'm not such a fan of "limited" movement.

And I'm actually looking for first person puzzle (not necessary puzzle) platformers in this thread.

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
  12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    YOu're awesome, thanks! I saw this game some months ago on the some old TA site when looking for FPSs, but I didn't download it and later I forgot the name of this game.

And don't worry about new iOS compatibility, because I'm still on the good old iOS 4 haha