Bethesda's next project is an iPhone game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuperSlovak, Dec 28, 2009.

1. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I also remember hearing Todd say that fallout 3 may be coming to the iPhone. This looks interesting. Any speculation as to what may come?

2. Bramsey89

Bramsey89 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Here's hoping its a port of morrowind.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I think I speak for many when I say I don't wanna play a port of Fallout 3, a huge, graphically heavy RPG previously played on PCs, 360s, and PS3, on a tiny LCD screen without any tactile controls. iPhone games (for the most part) need to be built from the ground up.

4. GreenApple

GreenApple Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I heard that Apple is gonna release a tablet device that runs iPhone OS sometime next year; and they already asked a few selected devs to develop a custom version of their apps to show case the new device. Really looking forward to that!

5. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    i dont know why but im sensing that Pirates of Caribbean MMORPG is coming out lmao

6. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

I'd imagne Fallout 3 would be to big to do a decent port, Fallout 1 or 2 maybe. Wasn't there an Elder Scrolls game released on PSP recently or to be released soon? Perhaps we'll get a stripped version of that.

7. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Fallout 1 and 2 would fit nicely on the iPhone, I think.

8. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    i think it will be called Fallout Touch... stripped way down version of Fallout 1 or 2

9. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Howard hinted at an iPhone game last year. There are a couple threads about it. As for ports, they have already released a mobile phone version of oblivion, so don't expect them to do something old and simple for the iPhone.

10. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Some thoughts...

Mobile Oblivion would be amazing...except the combat might be a bit tricky to control. I just hope they don't use accelerometer for controls if it is an oblivion port.... that would ruin everything. Maybe an elaborate invisible control scheme where the buttons are really transparent and could even be totally invisible, and let the player guess approximately where it is. Might be frustrating at first, but I think it will pay off considering invisible button controls would not block the view and users would get used to the location of each button after a while.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Link?

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I hope is a Fallout game designed specifically for the platform. Something akin to 1 or 2 or even Brotherhood of Steel.

13. SuperSlovak

Nov 21, 2009
  14. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    There's no way in hell a game like Fallout 3 could be done on the iPhone. No way, unless you enjoy watered down console like experiences.

15. SuperSlovak

Nov 21, 2009
    Just wait and see how wrong you are

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    ...is that a joke? It was pushing the limits on 360 and PS3 and you expect it to run on a phone without some serious watering down? I'll never take you seriously again.

17. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Why do you always bring down the 'graphical capabilities of the idevice'? If you all you want to play on yours are 2d casual games more power to but stop 'preaching' your gospel that the idevice are only good for low res/2d casual games wait 2 secs to reload the image

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    It's called being realistic?

19. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I am not even talking about comparison with the home consoles. The 3gs can exceed the psp and the previous idevices had already exceeded the nds graphically speaking.

20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude. Your reading comprehension is terrible.