Universal Beyond Gravity - new game from Bike Baron creator

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by qwiboo, Jun 21, 2014.

1. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

#1 qwiboo, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Hi,

I'm happy to introduce my new game, Beyond Gravity! You may know my previous game, Bike Baron. Beyond Gravity is quite different type of game, but they still share the level of polish and both get pretty hard at some point ;)

Beyond Gravity is procedurally generated "platformer" where you jump in-between planets and try to collect as many pickups as you can. This gets progressively harder the further you jump. No need to worry tho as you can upgrade your character with loads of upgrades and power-ups! Take control of brave space explorer and hold out as long as you can while collecting missing parts of your spaceship. Never miss to build up crazy score multipliers.

Features
    • Cleverly designed control scheme where all actions in the game are controlled by only one button - the whole screen.
    • Procedurally generated levels ensure non-repetitive and never ending fun.
    • Many goals and upgrades waiting to be unlocked, providing hours of entertainment.
    • Unique, old-cartoon style graphics running at 60fps.

Beyond Gravity will be hitting the store on 10th of July 2014!

It will be premium game with NO iap purchases - pay once, play as much as you want. Price will be $1.99.

To see more info from the development head to http://beyondgravitygame.tumblr.com/.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well this looks fantastic! I'll definitely be keeping an eye here.

3. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks! The art is done by talented http://www.a4man.com/.

The game is now available on Android and Windows Phone. iOS version is planned for 10th July is everything goes well!

4. nickmudry

nickmudry Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Wow! The art is stunning! Any chance you guys can make a wallpaper for the game? Looking forward to the game. :)

5. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks! :) No problem with the wallpaper, what resolution(s) you need? I'm guessing you want the first image ;)

6. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well.... Can't wait for early July. I love the looks of this. Any idea on a firm release date yet ?

7. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Aiming for 10th of July, but don't know for sure yet. It will be 10th most probably tho, unless something goes really wrong :)

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks awesome! Bike Baron is an iOS masterpiece.

Loving the art style for sure, especially the main character (his beard!). And a huge list of upgrades is always a nice sight ;)

Really happy to see this be $2 and no IAP, I really hope this works out for you.

9. nickmudry

nickmudry Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I personally need 1920x1080 and 1440x900. And yes, that first image. :)

10. Well, I'm interested...Bike Baron dev + endless runner + no in-apps...how could this go wrong?

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Dev, do you know if this'll come July 3rd or the week after?

12. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

It's planned for the week after, July 10th.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome! Can't wait, hope the release goes well for you. ;)

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    is it sort of like Space Chicks style (but without the chicks)
    and there was another similar game on Android I believe - now I can't remember the name... Curious to see it! Love the art style.

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I don't know if it was released on Android, but could it be this one?

If it plays anything like that game, I'm all for it!

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Are you thinking of Rocket Bunnies? Or Astronut?

But yes, really looking forward to this one, can't wait till next week!

Also, Qwiboo, it's awesome that you're still giving Bike Baron some love

18. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Just watched video of Space Chicks as I never heard about that game and Beyond Gravity is similar in some ways but more "hardcore" I would say? Hard to describe but Space Chicks looks like an easy game compared to BG and also has bit different game mechanics.

Yeah, Mr Ninja! The base mechanic is exactly the same so you will love it :) I added quite a lot of things on top of that, you can pause or cancel your jump, jumping feels more natural, you have obstacles in the game, you can upgrade your character and you have many objectives to unlock. And of course you will have hard time beating the highscores in leaderboards to top it up :)

Don't know those games either, so can't comment. But there are few very similar games on AppSotre already for sure. I did some unique control mechanics in Beyond Gravity, that no other game like this has and sprinkled lots of polish and love on top of it ;)

Bike Baron is the best, I'll never stop loving that game and will keep supporting it as long as I can :) The same will go for Beyond Gravity, I have a lot planned for it for the future ;)

Thanks a lot for all your comments, just 6 days to go! :eek:

19. rocket5tim

rocket5tim Active Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Game designer
    Toronto Canada
    Love the art style, thanks for turning me on the the work of @AdsTra! I gotta check out more of this guys work! And definitely looking forward to playing the game (Bike Baron was a gas)!

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Gettin real close! Playing Bike Baron in anticipation, even though they are completely different games haha.

Also, I made a post about this in the thread I *kind of* write in. Haven't posted in it for a while, your game being the last one I posted about.

Thread link: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=221612