Assassins Creed Frustration

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JamesDean69, Dec 20, 2009.

1. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    OMG. Does this game end? I have been playing Assassins Creed for what seems like 100 hours. This could be the most frustrating game I have ever encountered. This game should have never been ported to the iPhone. The touch analog stick just does not lend itself to this game where there are endless jumps and high beams to balance on. I think i have died over a million times. So many times you hit the button to jump and your guy does this little hop to his death instead of the full jump needed to cross the pit. This game had to be better on the DS. What is also frustrating is the game is not a normal side scroller, rather everything seems to be on a diagonal plane where it is so difficult to judge the jumps. And when you are balancing yourself on a high beam with this ridiculously sensitive touch stick, this game is a nightmare. And how many times do i have to chase this Baselisk guy. i must have fought him 5 times already, each time praying it was the last and it will end. Only for him to run away and have to go through another painful repetitive and frustrating sewer or town of jumps and swings. When is this game over?? Does anyone else feel this way????????

2. JamesDean69

Nov 19, 2009
    Dont get me wrong, the combat is great, the graphics are really good. Its just this game is so dependant on precise controls that the touch analog stick leads to so much unnecessary frustration. And its probably making the game feel a lot longer than it actually is but I still cant help wishing the game would end already. But I like to finish what I have started.

3. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    lol, this is actually one of my favorite games on my iPod, I just can't seem to get enough of it...
    Anyway, there are 12 levels, each with a few different stages. Check the "memories" button on the main menu to see how far you have gotten.
    And yes, you wind up fighting Baselisk a few too many times.

4. JamesDean69

Nov 19, 2009
    Thanks for the tip on the "Memories" BWEB. Im only on 9-1. 3 more boards. Time to do some more "work". Lol.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    After putting 60+ hours into this game, I gave up.
    Level 9 ftw.

6. tumbleninah

tumbleninah Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    dublin
    yeh...the controls annoy me too...but it is a beautiful looking game...

7. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    100+ hours? Seems like you got your money's worth. I only completed it after 10

When you get stuck like I did 3 or 4 times just ask us on TA. Someone should be able to help you as some bits are tricky

8. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Finished it in about 10 hours too. I'm afraid to say that it's more about your skill level than the game. Also, exaggerating time spent won't make you feel any better about it.

Just persist, eventually you'll get past where you're stuck.

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I finished this game in about 10 hours.

10. Jmwerkus

Jmwerkus New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    How do you beat the part in 9-1 where there is the 3 platforms with fire between them and they are far apart so you need to triple jump to get from 1st to second, jump once from 2nd to third, but how do you get to the next one?

I know I'm bumping this but it doesn't seem to old

11. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I stopped at about level 7. I couldn't get pass it. But I played the game for about 8 hours, definitely worth the money. One of the longest gameloft games

12. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i gave up on the game months ago. very long game, but the length is mainly due to frustrating controls and lots of deaths.

13. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    ...Aren't you glad the game even lasts that long?