Monster Dash?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by APP-MASTER-360, Aug 21, 2010.

1. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Is it really that good?

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    It's good, but it's not one of those games that'll keep you occupied for hours. It's a pick-up-n-play so you play for 5 minutes, and later you'll play for another 5. It's fun, but like all high score-based games, it gets repetitive.

3. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Would you recommend me buying it?

4. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I would. Its a good game.

5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    If you're looking for a game to actually spend time on, then no. But if you're looking to spend $0.99 on something new and different, definitely.

6. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    Think Canabalt, but then incorporate managing killing monsters at the same time. Sounds tough, right? Well, yes. But it's also quite intensely satisfying, kind of.

It has an initial "Awesome, this is so fun!" feel to it. But then when you actually wanna start getting high scores, you'll find yourself frustrated by the blurry screens at higher speeds and faulty enemy spawning system (sometimes at the end of platforms, making it hard to jump with comfortable timing). Also, dying and restarting means going slow again, and although going REALLY fast can be an eye-sore, the slow start can be - even more so - boring.

Overall, however, it's definitely worth the $.99 purchase as it IS made by Halfbrick and they're known to continually produce updates to better their games (ei. Fruit Ninja).

So although it may not be that good NOW, it will get better and all problems will be solved in time. Support the developers, buy it trusting they'll make it something REALLY great!

7. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's a fun time killer but it can really piss me off sometimes when I get killed by something totally unavoidable like a monster popping up as you run over it

8. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Nah, there are better ones:cool: spcially

9. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Your contemplating about spending 0.99 on the #2 game? God, people are so cheap.

10. Suckbag

Suckbag Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I've bought alot of games, e.g. angry birds, doodle jump, alot of gameloft games,
    doodle army, minigore etc.

But nothing is as addicting as monster dash, amazing.

11. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Good for a few hours, then boring.

12. RS200

RS200 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I think it's a great game. It's a pick up and play for 5 mins and then play something a little more in depth but after you will find you pick up 'monster dash' again. Been playing it since release and I'm not bored of it at all, in fact the more you play the more you do get rewarded with achievements and you learn quite a bit about strategy. It's a lot of fun and I play it 2x screen on the iPad and think it looks great but that's not to say if Halfbrick decided to release a HD version - I'd probably have to buy it too.

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Dash bored?

14. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #14 tsharpfilm, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    I'm a very picky person, and there are very few games in the app store that I genuinely enjoy. I bought Monster Dash with a little apprehension. I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that I wasn't falling for another hype machine. And, to my surprise, I wasn't. :D Monster Dash is thoroughly satisfying. Everything, from the Mirror's Edge style gameplay, to the music, weapons, ect is well thought out and polished. And, at $0.99, it's an absolute steal if you like "quick-fix" casual games.

I highly recommend it.

15. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    "Good for a few hours, then boring." = "Dash bored?"

"And, at $0.99, it's an absolute steal if you like "quick-fix" casual games." = "I highly recommend it. "

It looks like it's a must buy, in spite of the fact that the gameplay videos look boring to me.

At this point, 88% give it 4 or 5 stars, with 1256 people voting.

16. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    It'll be a LOT better with a few updates

17. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Updates?! It has about 3 or 4 different guns, 4 or 5 different levels (each with their own variant of the musical theme), and Open Feint integration. What more could we possibly need for 99 cents?

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Boulder Dash.

19. westbugs

westbugs Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Alcy Studio
    Hong Kong
    is it really that good~ 0.99. seems like a good deal, i'm gonna try it:)

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

lol.