Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    TA review notes that the wait times become unobtrusive once you have multiple cars. Just switch cars.

Can't wait to DL and see how it plays out but no release in US tonight, yes?

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    I suggest everybody do this so EA/firemonkey might tweak the rediculous long waiting times and iap prices!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Some people don't mind playing games in short bursts. Traditionally, gamers have enjoyed settling down with one for a few hours of entertainment and it's those people who dislike this new strategy.

I'm in the latter group, but I'm gonna check out the gameplay anyway. If the wait time is as bad as the likes of CSR Racing I imagine I'll get bored within a few days. I'd also rather not waste large amounts of space on something I can't play at will.

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Yes that actually worked

It also gave me two free cars and 1000000 coins

5. matthew-13

matthew-13 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Good Lord. I just did a round of service and some minor damage repairs (this is my second round doing both...the first came up to 2h 12m)...and the timer is 6h 32m. I am going to go bonkers. The wait times are getting exponentially longer, and that too so fast!

Seeing this, getting the $99.99 package is in itself not worth it. Somebody like me could use that much of gold coins in a day or two!!

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    What if you set the time back to normal, reverse the counters? I have to rely on my phone at work so it's not something I can just change all the time.

Also it's rather surprising that apple have not done anything about time changing, you would think apple would implant a hidden clock in the background that you never see but works on games and apps.

7. matthew-13

matthew-13 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    THIS DOESN'T work dude. Each championship has a small set of cars (usually 4). So for the first 10 championships at least, you always need to get a new car. Plus, with wait times growing to over 6 hours already, and each car lasting only around 30-45 mins (at best might I add), that is pointless.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    If the beginner cars were a lot quicker to service and repair this problem would be much more bearable, I only have enough cash to buy the lowest car (I started with the 2nd worse the RS) and I really don't want too because it's slower and i'm already racing challenging races.

6 hour timers on race spec cars which were R$200,000 might be more um.. real, but delaying beginners just because is a bad choice.

9. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Just tried on my iPhone 5. Sometimes, even if i must admit is quite rare, framerate is not so perfect. Tried all the visuals but i think many tweaks and updates will come in the next days. Same to you?

10. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    There's an update!

11. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    wow that must be a new world record!
    an update 4 hours after release!
    i hope it tweaks the timers

12. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    I'm going to do that right after figuring out how this waiting really works.
    From here I am really happy. I did a more hefty race and it will only take two hours to repair the car :D
    (I also put other things to repair since I have more things to do in my life besides playing).

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I hope Firemonkeys Sam comes in here to explain to us why we can't have an upper limit($20-$40) to the iAP at which point timers can be removed completely.

14. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Here's my thing...if they want to do IAP, more power to them...that's their choice. But at least give consumers the ability to just buy the game outright. I'd be willing to spend 20 dollars on this game as a full purchase but now chances are they won't get anything close to that out of me when it comes to IAP

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    To be perfectly honest, playing this is just making me want to fire up Forza 3.

16. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Exactly.

All you people bitching about the prices, everyone who waits for a sale, waits for it to go free.. Isn't this your perfect game?

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm playing real racing 2 lol where it wasn't freemeium and I bought it full price I didn't wait for no sale

18. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Bought a new copy of Gran Turismo when I heard it was going freemium. Lol

19. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #119 ThreeCubes, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Yes pixel people did it right! was there but not in your face and RR£ even has ads in it

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Update already? Did it remove the time changing "feature" to get more stuff?