Poker TD by Express Media

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EXM-Matt, Apr 23, 2013.

1. EXM-Matt

EXM-Matt Member

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poker TD is a fun twist on the tower defense genre, inspired by some custom games found in WarCraft III and StarCraft II. Defend against waves of fantasy-themed enemies by deploying towers that you earn from the quality of your poker hand in the Hold'Em/Five Card Draw game you're playing simultaneously!

• 10 different towers matching each of the 10 possible poker hands from "High Card" to "Royal Flush"
    • Incrementally difficult creeps require strategic tower placements, and a little luck on the poker side
    • Play singleplayer or 6-player multiplayer game modes. Single player is five card draw, multiplayer is texas hold'em.
    • In multiplayer, only the winner of the poker round will receive a tower relative to his hand's strength, all other players will earn a "high-card" tower. Win the game by knocking out all 5 of your opponents in poker, or be the last man standing on the tower defense side. You can choose to place a tower or send additional "elite" units to the opponent of your choice.
    • Upgrade your towers up to 5 times to compensate for poor poker luck. Upgrades can be purchased using the coins you earn by surviving rounds in single-player, placing in the top 2 of your multi-player games or claiming a free coin boost every 4 hours.

The release date is not final, but we are aiming for some time in May. The game will be free.

2. EXM-Matt

EXM-Matt Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Quick update, Poker TD has been pushed back until July to add some additional polish to the multiplayer portion of the game. Also, it is a universal iOS game. Will update again when I have a release date!

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I can't wait to try, I love TD games