Universal Shufflepuck Cantina (+ GOLD) by Agharta Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 12, 2012.

1. SeppTB

SeppTB Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Any chance of iCloud support in the future? I've been playing this on my iPad and just recently got an iPhone, I was sad to see I couldn't pick up and continue progressing where I was and instead had to start over. My IAP purchases could be restored without a problem but no other progress.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I just got the 3rd floor unlocked and once again, this game continues to impress me with it's wonderful artwork and creativity. It looks really great on my iPad 3 display. The sounds are excellent as well.

Also, I was able to beat the W4sp 3rd floor character one my first 2 duel tries using the repulsor puck, the extra wide mallet and the Dodge special shot. I was not expecting that. Have all the characters been made a bit easier with this last update or am I finally getting to be good at this?

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    The 3rd floor robot is quite easy compared to the 2 other guys.
    He's a great moneymaker in bets and survival for me!

the game seems difficult at the beginning, but as you progress and notice the tweaks of your opponents, buy their bios and stuffs, it gets even easy. It's good to have games with a learning curve you have to master and not just push buttons :)

And yeah, great game, great graphics and animations, great non loading time, but please consider optional iCloud saves! ;)

4. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Yes you are rewarded about 80% of the normal rewards + You can't have Gold medals (mandatory for a few mission)
    the plan is to make you play until you finally caught the pace of the game and then you may try the challenge mode for each characters (and earn a lot more credz ans awards)

5. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    slewis be carefull you may be playing in training mode ! (you just have to tap the training mode in the character selection in order to put the good old challenge mode back)
    remember rewards are lesser in training(easy) mode

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe next update add rewards where more credz are earned.

7. CaseyRobinson

CaseyRobinson Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Developer
    Uh, how do I disable training mode now? Which screen exactly?

On the plus side, I found the statue while I was looking to get the training wheels off. Didn't know it would show up at all in game.

8. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    just tap the "training" word in the character selection screen !

9. CaseyRobinson

Dec 8, 2008
    Developer
    Yeah, I don't know which screen that is. I've been looking everywhere, but no "training" button.

Oh there it is, between the portraits once a game type is selected. My mistake was thinking it would be one of these big physical buttons like the frame has, but it's just some selectable text.

10. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I do not see the word "training" anywhere. Perhaps I am not playing in the training mode.

Edit: I found it now (thanks, Casey) and I am not in training!

11. CaseyRobinson

Dec 8, 2008
    Developer
    So I'm trying to figure out which character's embodiment to unlock next for maximum credit gain. The big bonus on bets seems nice, but you have to score a shutout for that to be worthwhile, and I usually don't do that. Double credits picked up from the table seems maybe nice, but how exactly does it combine with the existing bonuses for picking up those credz? If I get all 5 in one go, would I earn 30? And 20 for all 5 but not in one go? Or is it really only a bonus if you don't get all 5??

12. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I'd save up for Vardkor's embodiment. It lets you level up faster so you get the +50% Credz level-up bonus faster, and bet games pay pretty well up on the third floor.

To be honest, after I got Vardkor's embodiment Credz came very easy. Now I have way more Credz than I will ever need~

13. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Save them for the upcoming 4th and 5th floor !! ^^

14. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Two more floors would be fantastic! :D

15. Mystakill

Mystakill New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Suggestion

Each time I play this game and one of the win/fail/ace graphics slides up the screen, I can't help but think how much cooler it would look if those slid up from the center of the table and then back down, almost holographically. It seems odd, with the amount of graphical polish that those status graphic animations seem almost like an afterthought.

16. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    #176 aghartastudio, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Beautiful Shufflepuck version 1.4 for iphone 5 is out !!

The game is stunning on the new apple device !

17. fybaton

fybaton Member

May 16, 2012
    Playing Shufflepuck on my new iPad 3 and I can't help but feel like this is the way it was meant to be experienced. One problem I am having though, the restore button isn't restoring my Duranium card.

Also totally unrelated but is anyone else on iPad not able to follow links for games to the App Store? Any time I try to follow a link from the TA app or from Appshopper the App Store loads the main page instead of the game I wanted to go to. Wasn't sure where to post that question.

18. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    you can use our facebook page as support for the game
    (Agharta studio)

could you tell me more about the restore button?

if you just changed device you should'nt need to restore the game
    (it's only needed if you Erase/ reinstall the game)

19. Syen

Syen Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Ok. This game is seriously awesome! ;)

20. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #180 cowtruck123, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    I recently bought the deranium card that doubles all credz but it still shows it as a purchasable item in the shop. Does that mean i didnt buy it, or that you can buy more than one? Theres stills adds as well. Is there an IAP glitch?