Universal Jet Car Stunts 2 - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 1, 2014.

1. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Yeah. I'm basically afterburnkmg the whole time. The next level is impossible. Can't come within 3 seconds. And same deal, afterburnkmg the whole time and not hitting walls

2. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Have you tried having a look at other peoples replays? You can click on other peoples scores and then click view replay. You can even race against their replay.

3. postmodernpilot

postmodernpilot Active Member

May 30, 2012
    Thank you for updating the game. I haven't been able to play because of that Facebook redirect bug until now. Great to play again!

4. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    That facebook redirect bug was horrible. I think it could be fixed by uninstalling, or installing the facebook app but, we where not able to reproduce it our selves and had no idea of the course. Hopefully the new Facebook SDK we are using works better.

We seem to be having quite a slow down on our sever for the last 10 days though. No idea why because we didn't change it, the load hasn't increased, and nothing is showing up as a problem in our profiling. Bit of a mystery at the moment.

5. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    #465 Golden Boy, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    I'm having a horrible time linking my Facebook account, it just won't work. I can't even play levels I already beat, because it assigns me a default "player" name and number, and I have to start from the beginning. I thought my game save was in the cloud. What's going on?

My original name and number was "Hulk" and somewhere in the 4,000, NOT a number in the 8,000,000. So, annoying.

6. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Do you have the latest version of JCS2? Facebook just made some changes that require an update for JCS2 to work.

7. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    #467 Golden Boy, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Yes, newest update. That is why I lost all my progress.

Whenever I go to link my Facebook to retrieve my old profile it either does three things: 1) states it can't connect to true axis or Facebook at this time because no internet 2) tries to connect to Facebook but says "Facebook can't login" 3) finds my old profile and proceeds to switch to it only to state again I'm not connected to the Internet.

UPDATE: now it can't even find a True Axis server.

Anyone else lose there progress and having a hard time retrieving it? So disappointing.

8. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Our server has been having a few lag issues at times for the last week or so. I am not sure if that is making your problem worse. We have looked into it a bit but not found anything obviously going wrong that could be causing the lag. We have had so many things going wrong at the moment, it will take us a while to sort through them all unfortunately.

Some people have been complaining that the accelerometer is broken too. I did see one issue my self once where when I started the game, the background was moving as if the accelerometer was upside down, but as soon as I touched the screen, it corrected. Doesn't make any sense.

9. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Well I finally got my game to connect to FB, after MANY tries. Now my original save, progress, and player # is back.

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #470 Nekku, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Half a year later and it still hasnt been fixed. Do you want to sell your game actually? I almost did but why should I if you obviously dont care about a crucial bug like this one.

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We actually put out an update to fix that, it had turned out that a change in an iOS update had broken things, however, later we started getting a few reports that it was broken again. Maybe it wasn't 100% fixed, or maybe another change broke it again.

I don't think it is such crucial a problem because, as far as I understand, it only happens if you orient your phone in a particular way when starting the game.

We notice so few complaints for JCS2, while we get so many more requests for True Skate fixes, that all our energy goes that way. I'd actually completely forgotten that this issue still existed for a long time. Perhaps we should at least see how difficult it is for us to do an update at this time.

12. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I just fired this game up again for the first time in a couple years and DAMN it's good. A masterpiece. When it first came out I thought it was one of the best mobile games ever made, and in the time since then my opinion hasn't changed. It makes all the other games I've played in the past few years look bad.

I can't say enough good things. It's so goddamn fun flying through the air and nailing every landing as fast as possible. Criminally underrated game. I love True Skate like everyone else and am happy to see it get so much love, but I wish JCS2 had been a bigger hit. Maybe it was a success? I don't know. It doesn't feel like it's had the life it deserves.

Luke, are there any plans for updates (or a Jet Car Stunts 3)? Probably not since True Skate is doing so well (deservedly). But I can dream. In the meantime, there's still a crazy amount of things left for me to complete in JCS2...

13. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    I love this game, the first one even more, would love to hear about any plans regarding jcs as well.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, we don't really have any JCS2 plans at the moment, but every time we have to do an update for some technical reason, we realize we forgot what a solid game it is.

JCS1 got to a ridiculously high position on metacritic too, being well in the top 10 for quite a while. I think mobile games get reviewed much more critically these days though.

At least we did fix that accellerometer issue.