Universal "Shooting Stars" – a shoot 'em up with lazers, cats and rainbows

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by adlk, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adlk

adlk Member

#1 adlk, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hi everybody,
    I'm Stefan, lead designer at Bloodirony Games and this is our first game:

Shooting Stars is a mobile shoot 'em up with roguelike elements. It's all about evil aliens, superstars, cats and rainbow lazers.

Aliens have secretly conquered the earth and replaced all the famous pop-culture superstars by installing evil marionettes serving one purpose only – to control all human life. The sacred rainbow unicorn made it your mission to free the imprisoned stars, fight back the evil aliens and restore the balance of entertainment on planet earth.

Shooting Stars will be released in July 2015 for iOS and Android devices and we are planning to port the game for PC/Mac later this year.

Bloodirony Games is a small Vienna, Austria based indie studio of 3 people. Our goal is to create Shooting Stars within 6 months from scratch to release. To date, we are almost on schedule and have 2 1/2 months left of our journey.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we love to share almost every aspect of what and how we're doing things.

UPDATE
    We are super excited to announce that Shooting Stars will be release July 9th! And we want to celebrate this with a brand new and shiny release trailer!

Webseite: http://www.bloodirony.com
    Blog: http://www.bloodirony.com/blog
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloodirony
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloodirony

Release Trailer:

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Oh Hell yes!

3. aseFirefoxy

aseFirefoxy New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    That's what I call an awesome trailer. The music alone makes me want to play.

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    looks hectic. :D

5. adlk

adlk Member

Thanks a lot! The folks responsible for this OST masterpiece love to hear that! (Kid Nebula)

Thank you! We are using a slightly modified version of squarespace's marquee. We've basically just added some custom styles to the frontpage.

everything else would be boring ;)

If you happen to be in Berlin next week, join us for a beer at the A Maze festival. We've prepared some cool posters so you wont be able to miss us.
    [​IMG]

6. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I have always been a sucker for a good word games, and still kind of new to arcade/action games, but Shooting Stars looks fantastic. I am really loving the soundtrack, it just fits it to a T.

I still can't get over the fact, that these small indie studio's that consist of only 2/3 (very talented) people, can produce such amazing, high caliber and fun games. Bloodirony Games, Bloody Awesome 1st game! Looking forward to the release in July (also my birthday that month).

7. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    This looks really good! I just signed myself up for beta-testing. Can't wait!

8. adlk

adlk Member

#8 adlk, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    May the Fourth be with you

We've been selected to present Shooting Stars at the A Maze Festival in Berlin last weekend. This was the first chance since we started creating Shooting Stars to get hands on feedback from over 100 people. The overall feedback was amazing and we even had to ask some gamers to let other people play as well ;)

From today on, we just have five more weeks of development before we're starting with our final polishing phase. It's great to see how much progress you can actually make when you have such a limited timeline. Currently we're implementing the last lootable active and passive items.

However, there is something much more important than a random status update.
    HAPPY STAR WARS DAY! MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

For this reason we've decided to make a short video demonstrating the Clones Ultimate Attack.

Cheers
    Stefan

9. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    NEED. THIS. NOW.

Wow! This is too awesome. Can't wait to play it!

10. adlk

adlk Member

Update

Hey folks, we're super excited to show you, what we've done during the last couple of weeks.

We now have 20+ celebrities and a very special final boss. You can find 20 ultimate attacks and 30 passive items which will literally blow your (or your enemies) mind :D

Here's the latest ultimate attack:
    [​IMG]

You can play two different modes:

First of all there is the "Card Hunt". The levels of the Card Hunt will be generated whenever you start a new run, nothing will ever be the same. Here you can discover all the different items and ultimate attacks and test various strategies, in a "safe environment" ;)
    But most importantly, you can collect 16 cool Tscherno-cards which will be only available in the card hunt. (We will add new cards with future updates).

The second mode is the "Daily run":
    Play against other Shooting Stars players all over the world and beat their global- and daily highscore. You have 24 hours to play the same level over and over again to become the best player. After 24 hours a new level seed is generated. In a future update, highscore leaders will receive special cards for the simple reason of being awesome.

cheers
    Stefan

[​IMG]

11. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    #11 locomoco, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Wow! This game gets more amazing with each update posted. Looks ridiculously fun!

Just went to your site to sign up for beta and the humor in the blog is hilarious. Loving the voxel vs pixel Foodwars!

12. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #12 Intendro, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

[​IMG]

:(

13. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Looks awesome! :eek:
    And the music is great!

14. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Just recieved my beta build and WOW.. This game is absolutely amazing.. Galactic nemesis was my favorite shump until I fired this bad boy up.. Incredibly charming and did I mention the sountrack is fantastic.. Wow, just wow ####.. This will never come off my device

15. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Received mine yesterday and it got me hooked right from the start. Although I'll have to say that the difficulty level is a bit too high especially on the boss levels. Or maybe it's just me. Every time I'll go into a boss fight with full hearts, it doesn't do me any good. Anyway, this game is amazing and has a plenty of potential. I can't wait for the final build. Great job, devs! :)

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Played the beta and absolutely love it! The soundtrack, the different bosses, the crazy rainbow cat and the whole bloody game is awesome! When it's out I'll definitely buy it to support the dev! This is a must have!

17. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    F2P or Premium?

18. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Found a bug in the boss levels. When running around to dodge the attacks, it does not properly register the movement and the hero will start to float away from where I'm pressing resulting in many sudden deaths. Probably why I'm finding it so difficult now.

19. AjileJames

AjileJames New Member

May 14, 2015
    Really cool. Reminiscent of an old arcade game that we used to play at my holiday house! If you've got any more beta spots, let me know - I'd love to give it a crack :)

(Great trailer too, by the way)

20. adlk

adlk Member

WOW! Thanks for all your great feedback. We really appreciate it.
    If you want to drop us detailed feedback please use our designated feedback form.

Haha, yeah. We're currently in the progress of fixing lots and lots of bugs and balancing the whole game. The levels will be a bit more difficult and the bossfights will be slightly easier ;)

Hey Intendro, check your messages, for non iOS8 users we will provide beta invites via hockeyapp.

Shooting Stars will be a premium title. We will announce the final pricing soon.

Oh and btw.. if you ever need a facepalm, I've uploaded one for you. Feel free to use the image wherever you want ;)
    [​IMG]