Star Wars: Trench Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Squirt Reynolds, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Although I was never really into Star Wars (no offense geeks), I did enjoy the movies and I'm always up for a new Star Wars game. I thought this looked pretty cool.

Description:

Relive the pivotal moments of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope on your iPhone or iPod Touch in Star Wars: Trench Run, a brand new game launching soon. Developed by Infrared5 and distributed by THQ Wireless Inc., Trench Run lets you skim the surface of the Death Star trenches as you seek to target a small thermal exhaust port less than two meters wide. Can you reenact the shot heard 'round the galaxy? Is the Force with you?
    Trench Run uses simple motion controls and realistic game play to put you in the action. Tilt your iPhone or iPod touch to maneuver your X-wing. Tap one side of the screen to fire weapons, and tap the other to call on the power of the Force, which slows the action down allowing you more control. The game features two main play scenarios -- flying in the trench, and dogfighting with TIE fighters high above the Death Star surface.

Star Wars: Trench Run will be available at the iTunes store for $4.99. See below for a list of features of the iPhone / iPod Touch version:

Force Power: Slow down time and increase agility using the Force to bring TIE fighters into shooting range, and to dodge obstacles while flying down the trench.
    Breathtaking 3D Experience: Incredible 3-D graphics based on the original Star Wars movie.
    Amazing Special Effects: Vivid lighting, advanced shaders, explosions and incredible lifelike models.
    Authentic Star Wars Music and Sound Effects: Combined with real movie footage for complete immersion into the Star Wars universe.
    True-Life Flight: Accelerometer controls with life-like physics.
    Addictive Game Play: Ever increasing challenges, and tons of replay value.
    Multiple Points of View: Featuring both chase cam and cockpit modes.
    Mission Mode: With storyboards, music and dialogue from the original Star Wars movie.
    Arcade Modes: For increased re-playability, includes both Trench Run and Dog Fighting modes.
    Multiple Difficulty Levels: From Easy to Jedi.
    Optimized Gaming Experience: To work on the 3G, with special graphical features for the 3GS, iPod Touch 2nd Gen and future devices.
    Leader Boards: Players compete against others across the world for the top spot. Find out who are the true Jedi.

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Ho-Lee Crepe! This is going to get a LOT of attention! I can't wait.

3. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Anybody have an idea when this will be released?

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I get the impression that it will be sooner rather than later.

5. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Looks straight out of Rebel Assault, or various other Star Wars games... could be fun.

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i hope they include the original version of 1983 hidden in there

7. mackley4350

mackley4350 Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Police Detective
    Pennsylvania
    I loved the 83 version of the game..I also had the Walkers Atari 2600 Game. This game looks pretty good and should he fun on iPhone.

8. Sfv818

Sfv818 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Buying Apps!
    California
    Its about time!!! We needed a good Star Wars game on iPhone!!!

9. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I like this game, but they could do much better. A good Star Wars game? How about they bring Battlefront?

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Another gamplay video here (looks like close to the real thing):

video

11. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    I'm a huge Star Wars fan but this game looks weak, hopefully it will be fun.

Lucasarts needs to bring their Jedi Starfighter/Rebel Assault game, their Battlefront game, and their Podracer game to this platform. They seem like no-brainers considering the accelerometer and touch controls would be ideal for all those games.

12. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    there should be online dogfighting

13. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Wow this game looks awfully boring

14. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Certainly looking disappointing apart from the graphics. Hope they flesh it out a bit before the release.

15. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    looks incredible BORING...

16. sconethief

sconethief Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    ME WANT! :p really looking forward to this

17. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    by just reading through the description, i just hope that this game isn't short