Snail Games - iOS game due this winter - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Snail Games, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #1 Snail Games, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    We’re really excited to announce our upcoming game, Taichi Panda. The game is currently in development, and it is set to go live for iOS later this year!

Trailer:

Taichi Panda is an action adventure RPG where players jump into the roles of one of three adventurers on a mission to save the world. They can play as either a nimble treasure hunter, a valiant knight, or a Daoist Taichi master.

-Controls-
    The game has a really intuitive control scheme: left hand controls for movement and right hand for skills, which makes it really easy to pick up, but the action can be fast so it gets challenging pretty quickly.

-Graphics-
    The game uses the Flexi 3D graphic engine originally designed for PC games, and features full-range motion capture so the animations and visuals are really sharp.

-Game play-
    Our levels are quick, with some really interesting and powerful bosses to cap them off. There are unique side levels with special objectives, and also a lot of side quests you can take on to win special rewards

-Progression-
    There’s a really diverse character progression system, where players will unlock skills, level up, and upgrade different gear in multiple ways, creating more choices that can impact the way the game plays. In addition to the character’s growth, there are also “War Pets” that can join players in battle, with their own progression, skills to unlock, etc.

-Social Play-
    There are also some cool real-time multi-player features. For competitive players, there are solo 1v1 Arenas, and also small team 3v3 battles. There are also team-based dungeons, where players can group up with friends to take on really powerful bosses. The social aspect makes for a pseudo- MMO style, where players occupy the same space in the home city.

We’ll be looking for beta testers soon. If you’re interested, you can connect with us on Facebook and check out our website for news. We’ll be announcing more about the beta testing soon, and we’ll also be available here at Toucharcade to answer questions about the game!

Here are a few teaser pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Follow us on Facebook, and also check out our Youtube channel for some more videos, including reviews from E3 2014.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks good

3. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks dreadnok, we'll hopefully have more pics and videos of it soon.

4. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Well, damn.. This game looks really amazing!

5. Sorry, but I have to ask... What's with the close-up of her boobs?

6. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    @AppUnwrapper, don't act like you don't enjoy it.

But seriously (sort of), the idea of the game is to be a kind of funny, goofy adventure game as an action dungeon crawler. We don't want to take ourselves too seriously, and we wanted the trailer to reflect that. We're going to have some more trailers and game play videos soon, there are already some on our Youtube channel so check that out if you haven't.

7. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, here are a few more pics from the game. We're working on the UI right now, but we've got some action pics to check out.

This is a high-level version of the rogue-type character. The wings are a type of equipment, this set gives an HP steal buff.

[​IMG]

There are team instances, where a group of 3 players (plus their pets) fight off super powerful enemies and an epic boss. We snagged some screenshots of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's just a pic of the equipment menu and bag area, we'll have more pics of the rest of the game soon!

[​IMG]

Tell us what you think!

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Man, this really does look good! This will be a day one buy for me. :D

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #9 Duivs, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    So...free?
    Jks this looks too good to be free :p
    Also, did someone mention boobs?

Edit: just saw the teaser trailer. I can appreciate comic relief humour :)

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It reminds me of Afro Samurai on PS3, count on me for beta testing!

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's f2p...

So, snail games, when is this coming out? I've had it on my watch list for a while.

12. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, yeah it will ultimately be Free to Play, that's the model we prefer because it lets us reach a wider audience.

We're going into Beta testing soon, and then it will be out this winter, though we can't set a specific date. We'll be posting news soon with more details about getting in on the Beta test.

Glad people like the style. We've been playing the current version (still in development) among the team and we're pretty excited about the social game play. The pics before are from a Team Dungeon. Hopefully soon we can get some shots of the Arenas and 3v3 Battles, the real-time PvP is something we're pretty proud of.

If anybody has thoughts or ideas on the game, feel free to post here and also shoot me a message. Same goes for those interested in Beta testing, if you get in touch I can contact you directly once the tester applications are ready.

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I'm willing to help out, but I don't know how haha

Could you please elaborate by 'this winter', since the seasons are different in both hemispheres. do you mean June-August period?

14. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Count me in for the beta love to see more and play it in my own hands and give feedback then
    Keep us posted on the beta or more stuff your doing with the game or other plans u got for the future interaction between gamers and dev is important so u can build the game accordingly

15. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey Duivs, sorry, let me clarify. We're still in the Northern hemisphere, so we'll be doing testing within the next month or so, and release will be very close after that.

Shoot me a private message if you'd want to do beta testing - basically playing the game and giving us feedback on what you like, what you don't, your suggestions, etc. - and we can keep in touch so that you can

16. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Looks interesting I would love to help beta test this !
    first questions

Free .... will it be heavy with iAP?
    min/max iOS version/device
    Wifi needed fully or only for multiplayer?

inspiration for making this ? was it hard to pull off?

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #17 Hambo12, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    I'll private message you i want to beta test! But wasn't this from e3? Or was it something else? And I saw it was premium on the chinese App Store :/ bummer hope the free to play isn't to bad. I saw a girl with pink hair in the game and I need that lol

ps: since its a free game couldn't we do like a 5$ unlock to get rid of timers of premium currency or whatever this game has?

18. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Little riddle for you guys:

What's worse than a 7 foot tall pig monster?

Answer: a dozen 7 foot tall pig monsters, with a 30 foot tall pig titan!

Ok, maybe not the greatest riddle. We've been QA testing our big boss levels, this is one of our Elite levels - kind of like a sup-ed up Boss fight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a question for you guys: what do you guys like most in a good Boss fight? Like what is the part that really gets you into it? Curious to hear people's thoughts.

19. triperus

triperus Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Mozambique
    looks very "tasty" will have to try

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    ^amazing!
    I like there to be a kind of strategy to boss fights ie you can't just stand there and fight him, you have to avoid powerful attacks and then dash in and dash out.

Have you ever played monster hunter?