For the people who bought surviving high school...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ace_97, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought the "Summer Fun" pack? I was considering it because Ep.2's description said you control a person through all 4 years of highschool. For all the girls who bought the game (not the pack), it says you control a guy.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Nope. In fact, I haven't even bought the game. What is it like?

3. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

@Random_Guy: You make choices for a person which may cause his or her life to be better or worse. Of course like other games you win with a good ending and lose with a bad one so you can always keep trying. There are also bonus scenes for when you perfectly do a scenario. Episodes come every week and you can buy them before or after they come. There are also other episode packs you can buy.

The game is pretty much all text with a few minigames.

4. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Oh ok. Do you think it's worth for what it's asking for though?

5. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. I play it on and off. It's like pocket god, you play when a different episode comes out. Sometimes you play more to win and to get to the bonus scene. If you like role-playing games you might like this because you control the character almost completely. It's just that you have to pick one of the given choices.

You also have to remember that it is text based. The minigames are a few word games and for the free one that comes with it has a football minigame.

6. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Meh. I hated Pocket God so I think I'll give this one a pass. Every time there is a new update, you play it for 6 seconds, and then you don't touch it again until the next update.

7. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Al leas ton this one you know it is per week. If you like me, i would play the episode once then i'm done and then when i'm bored i play to win.

8. burymewithit

burymewithit Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I was thinking about this too.

I enjoyed the main game, even though some of it was a bit boring (i.e. the football sections).

But found it a bit jarring to go from the guy you were controlling to the now airing episodes, as everything you can done was forgotten, so you lost all continuity.

Sounds quite good if you can play through a few years of it, so might give it a go...