Space Pioneer (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VividGames, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VividGames

VividGames Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    #1 VividGames, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    old soft launch thread​

Attached Files:

2. VividGames

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Space Pioneer Global Release Date

Space Pioneer, Global Release is coming on May 31 to the Apple App Store. Stay tuned! :)

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I think this game is absolutely fantastic, congratulations to the developers. The gameplay is seriously good, there's tonnes of depth, everything is super polished, I love the graphic style and the controls are great. Unfortunately (for me) I don't/won't do games that have an online requirement or freemium mechanics, so I was super sad to delete it before I got too hooked.

Others who don't mind those things are in for a treat with this one. @VividGames, if you ever release a premium version or remove the online requirement, please pm me, this is something I'd pay whatever price to 'own' outright. Good luck on the release, and I wish you all the best.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    What does S in the country stands for? I can't find this in US store yet.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes I second this as well. I'd love to purchase premium versions of these games. Haven't found too many freemium games that I stick with for more than a week or so. Almost every gaming app on my phone is a paid game.

In any case, best of luck with the game. Looks to be shaping up into something incredible.

6. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This game is fantastic. I think the S is for Spain? Not sure since I grabbed the CA version. They are pretty generous and seem to constantly be throwing free stuff at you. My only small complaint is that the camera doesn’t feel great. It moves very quickly (maybe too quickly) as the player changes directions. Maybe an option to just keep the player in the center and the camera centered on the player could be added?

P.S. Bonus points for the first boss encounter on LV-426.

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's such a shame and wasted opportunity that Space Pioneer does not offer an option for manual aim and full dual stick mechanics. The combat sequences lose their appeal within minutes. With a challenging and more skill-based combat system, I could have stuck around in spite of the gacha and timer overload.

8. VividGames

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Hey! S means Sweden. Global Release is coming to the app store on May 31, stay tuned! :)

9. VividGames

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Thanks for your feedback Ayjona. I'm gonna to pass it to the dev team :)

10. VividGames

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    Thanks Tinsel! Much appreciate it. We are still working to improve the game.