Assassin's Creed > PoP:WW

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, Jun 28, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I jus got assassin's creed :altair chronicles when it went on sale for 99 cents and I'm enjoying it ALOT more than prince of persia, is this weird?
    I kinda played PoP once then never played it again, but assassin's creed has me wanting to play until i beat it.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wait til you get to parts where you die over and over and over, and have to wait for it to load over and over and over.

Wait the hells the point of this thread?
    Yes I think you're weird?

You're welcome.

3. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Yes that's very weird. Sorry. But PoP.....is just mindblowingly awesome

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Nothing weird about it. You just happen to have bad taste.

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I think PoP sucks. Played it on PC and when I saw and played it on my friend's iPhone, I must say it looks like crap and there are way too many loading times. The Assassin's Creed you play on iPhone however was developed for mobile platforms, thus it looks and plays as what mobile games are supposed to look and play. Though I don't really like AC on iPhone, I hate PoP because:
    1. not original
    2. too pricy (the game developer, in this case Ubisoft, had their share of profit from the franchise, so the price tag should not be that high, but... you have gameloft doing the porting, which is why it's so expensive)
    3. too many loading times
    4. no bonus whatsoever for the iPhone port (no new level, no new enemy, nothing, just a straightforward port)
    5. and one word, Gameloft (the money leecher who doesn't live up to expectations)

So don't be too harsh on nkflier23, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Squarezero, come on man, seriously... judge games, not gamer.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I usually do. In this case, it can't be helped.

BTW, if you were talking about AC2, it would be a different story. Oh, and Altair Chronicles? Gameloft. Judge the game, not the publisher.

7. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    touche buddy, touche.

8. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Hey! He has.... Ow yah.... He does I bet he wears leg warmers.:D

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    To be fair, I agree with your general point (about the wisdom of designing for the platform, instead of just porting a console game).

10. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Thank you. Although I don't mind some square-enix ported games though, because at least they make the controls work and they are careful enough not to stress the hardware.

11. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Wait, wait....are you claiming the AC2 is better than PoP?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No. I'm saying that you could make a case that AC2 is better designed for a portable platform. As far as I'm concerned, though, PoP is a much better game.

13. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    No its not weird at all some people like different games. I personally really liked assassins creed: altairs chronicles but hated the second assassins creed. I really like prince of persia but sometimes it can be really confusing on where to go, I didnt have this problem with altairs chronicles. so its not weird at all and anybody that says it is weird is stupid cause theyre saying that cause you have a different opinion then your weird.

14. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Bro why are you so pro-active in bringing POP down every chance you get? It's far from crap as you claim it, in fact it is my best game I ever played in my 3gs. Yes, it is pricey but this is a multi million dollar budget game that I can now play on my device. You don't like the game I respect that so just respect that some of us likes to have a console experience on the go as oppose to a conventional mobile game experience.

15. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    #15 Sukal, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    Their both pretty good games. POP was 10x the price then AC for the $1 got it for, but it is also 10x longer I'll bet. The concepts for both are similar and so are the controls in the basic instances. Maybe you just do not enjoy long games on your Iphone, perhaps the plots pacing is too slow for you?

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    1. AC is original?
    2. Maybe you were too poor to buy AC when it first came out when IT WAS THE SAME PRICE? I'm pretty sure PoP is 10x more worth it?
    3. LOL, I don't know what you've grown up playing if you complain about loading times.
    4. There's no bonus for AC either, just a very poor analog stick.
    5. Gameloft ported AC too...wtf?

And it looks like crap? why don't you find 2 people that will agree with you?

17. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Ya his argument is extremely flawed and really makes no sense

18. iTracki

iTracki Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Assassin's Creed really can get annoying. I hate how load is so insane. Got stuck on so many parts, but gameplay is still okay.

19. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    #19 yongkykun, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    1. yeah, it was developed for mobile (Altair Chronicles).
    2. I bought PoP (all three) for PC. And I bought AC (again, for PC), so no, I don't buy the same game twice, see.
    3. Lots of other iPhone games that don't take as many as PoP does.
    4. I don't mind, see answer no.1
    5. Yeah and I said AC is more original than PoP but never said that it's actually a good game.

I'm criticizing and one person can't bring down a legendary game. It is a good game. You are missing the point here. I'm saying that people shouldn't be asked to pay another $10 for a game that they have played on other platform without giving them something extra (bonus stage, new enemy, etc.). So I apologize if I don't get my point across here, English is not my first language.

20. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wait so you're complaining about a game that is $10 and a full console port when the actual game on consoles is like $50 just cause you don't get something extra out of it? Wow...