Universal Star Traders RPG - (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fallen, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We have just uploaded v3.9.1 to the App Store. It will probably take a week to get approved. This is what we crammed into this release!

We hope you will leave a review on the App Store if you enjoy Star Traders!

v3.9.1
    - Added iPhone 5 Support
    - New Feature: Wild Zone Caches
    - Added 10 New Ships
    - New Icon Update
    - Updated Shortage Rules
    - Updated Surplus Rules
    - Fixed Minimum Sale Price Bugs
    - Fixed Dry Dock / Star Trader Bugs
    - Improved Credits Formatting
    - Improved Ship Graphics
    - Higher Performance Map
    - Added 3 New Ship Graphics
    - New Ship: Callus Lifter
    - New Ship: Core Heavy Lift
    - New Ship: Pirate Liberator
    - New Ship: Titan Strikecruiser
    - Improved Performance

Read more: http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=updates&action=display&thread=4164#ixzz2Tf8LRNNc

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for adding 5G widescreen support! Looking forward to stashes.

3. TinyKitty

TinyKitty Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    House Elf
    Just found this thread thanks to the recent replies. You just had to say the magic words: "In the genre of Serenity and Firefly", and it is Instabuy for me. :)

Is there any difference if I download the free and buy the Elite version IAP or just buy the Elite version outright (I did the latter, thanks to the reviews here)?

4. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    No difference between the two versions once you've paid. The developers released the up front pay bersion because some complained about a one time IAP unlock in the free download shareware version.

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@tinykitty - glad that we are right up your ally. Keep flying!

As @undeadcow said, there is no difference between the versions (IAP or paid app).

Please send us your feedback once you have tried it! We are always improving the game and updating every few weeks.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@undeadcow - stashes / caches are definitely the #1 highest request we have for Star Traders on the iOS. iPhone 5 will hopefully help! We started the work on iPad landscape while doing the 5 support!

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    When will iOS STar Traders RPG get the new user interface buttons from Android edition?

8. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    the Elite version must be free cause the game is ####ing awesome

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    ????

This post is confusing. The Elite version is the paid version and the IAP in the free version makes it the same as the Elite version. Best of both worlds for those of us that don't buy IAP. There's no reason for the Elite version to ever go free since the Free version is packed with more than enough content to help someone decide weather or not to buy the upgrade or elite edition.

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

That UI update is scheduled for the first 4.x release of iST ... that's after the 3.9.1 which is just coming online now! So,... soon!

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Heh heh ... yes, that is confusing. You guys know the deal -- same game, same price -- either a paid app or an perma-IAP.

Enjoy the new release that is coming online!

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The newest Star Traders release adds Caches, new ships, and a major new icon! Hope you enjoy the continuous updates, more are coming!

If you enjoy Star Traders please leave a review on the new version of the application.

What's New in Version 3.9.1
    - New Feature: Wild Zone Caches
    - Added 10 New Ships
    - New Icon Update
    - Updated Shortage Rules
    - Updated Surplus Rules
    - Fixed Minimum Sale Price Bugs
    - Fixed Dry Dock / Star Trader Bugs
    - Improved Credits Formatting
    - Improved Ship Graphics
    - Higher Performance Map
    - Added 3 New Ship Graphics
    - New Ship: Callus Lifter
    - New Ship: Core Heavy Lift
    - New Ship: Pirate Liberator
    - New Ship: Titan Strikecruiser
    - Improved Performance

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I take it the Elite version update is still processing?

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Sorry, yes the Elite one is still in review. Hoping to see it released tomorrow! Wish Amazon and Apple would review games in pairs instead of one at a time!

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  16. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Response: Yes, I mean that.

It's the same as the free version + the IAP Elite unlock for it. I prefer buying games without IAP and suggested it early in the thread... so that's the version I bought when it released. :D

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The update showed for the Elite version today. Something odd though... the Elite version has the new icon, but the free version still shows the old icon on my iPhone 4S. I did a fresh install of the free version it yesterday after the update hit to get a preview of the changes. Just a heads up... it may still be the old icon for the iPhone 4S/Retina or something. Either way, appstore shows it correct. I may delete and reinstall just to see if it happens again if y'all can't reproduce it.

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #158 undeadcow, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    The initially free download Star Traders RPG shows the old icon on my iPod Touch 5G 32GB too; must be a minor bug with the free edition update not updating icon. Good catch. The new icon I see on App Store is nice.

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Re: the icon - this update changed the icon that is shown in the App Store, but not the icon that is shown your ... "desktop" ... on your device. We will catch that next release! Sorry for the confusion!

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Why do you still keep the free version installed after you bought the elite one? They are the same, right?