Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes for iPhone/iTouch/iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jackiemac, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jackiemac

jackiemac Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Hello,

Anyone know if there is a game similar to "Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes" (a Nintendo DS game) available for iPhone/iTouch/iPad?

Thanks.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Palm Heroes

3. jackiemac

Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Thanks. Actually, Clash of Heroes is not much like Might & Magic (or Palm Heroes). :)

Clash of Heroes is a RPG puzzler.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sorry! I don't know much about the game you mentioned, haha. It's just that people always compare M&M to PH.

5. jackiemac

Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    ChronoSphere is similar to Clash of Heroes, but with a Mafia theme. Any other games like this for iPhone?

6. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I have no idee if there are any game like that but who knows if we are lucky ubisoft might start to port the might and magic game to the idivises ofcours if that happens i hope to see some of the older might and magic games like
    Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
    Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
    Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer
    as rpgs go there is nothing that comes close to these games

7. Capy_Nathan

Capy_Nathan Well-Known Member

Hey - I'm from Capy, the studio that made Clash of Heroes! Glad you liked our game! It's coming to Xbox Live Arcade on Apr 13 and PlayStation Network on April 12.

Unfortunately, the decision to bring it to iOS is Ubisoft's, and as of right now there aren't any concrete plans to port it to iPad/Phone/Touch.

However, there's been a lot of interest of late, which can only help!

Also, there's a couple of games that tried to clone our game, but none of them are very good.

Thanks again!

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is a masterpiece, so it's nice to be able to provide that feedback directly to one of the developers.

I've been a part of the iDevice community and this forum since day one and I feel like your game would be wildly successful among the regulars here. While that doesn't always translate to the wider audience, if I were you, I would direct the Ubisoft crew to the Tiny Wings thread to have a look at what happens when it does. Then have them read The Tipping Point, to understand how the kewl kids help dictate what the masses eventually consume.

To the OP, there are no games currently on this platform that even approach the greatness of M&M: CoH, so I would redirect your efforts toward getting Ubisoft to do the right thing. :)

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    M&M: Clash of Heroes is a great Puzzle RPG. I don't understand why there wasn't a PC version. Perhaps because too small original grpahics.

But puzzle quest and even more puzzle quest 2 are very good too and are also Puzzle RPG.

I consider M&M:CoH better but iPad version of puzzle quest 2 is quite well done and it's a great game.

Puzzle Quest iPad is also very good on iPad. My preference would be M&M:CoH, PQ2 and PQ1. But all three are classical for me.

10. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    :eek::eek::eek:

I would buy MM:COH for iOS in a heartbeat! PLEASE let it happen!

One of THE best DS games, and that's saying a lot considering how good the DS library is.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I didn't remember where in these forums was already mentioned M&M:Clash of Heroes (probably the Sword&Sworcery thread) but there would be a HUGE following imho if Ubisoft/Capy would anounce something related on iOS.
    Being a great fan (and greatly anticiping the HD version on XLBA) I started long ago mailing Ubisoft (forums/websites/Twitter) and Capy about this.
    I stopped some times ago just to let Capy recover from the Sword&Sworcery madness, but as soon as the game will be out on iPhone, I'll re-start my bothering activity hoping they'll grant an iOS M&M:Clash of Heroes HD version in desperation :p
    I urge everyone to do the same :)

LET UBISOFT KNOW WE WANT CLASH OF HEROES HD ON OUT iOS DEVICES!!!
    (From Capy, obviously)

It would be a GREAT game on iOS (perfect with touch controls too).
    There are some imitation on the AppStore but the pale in comparison (badly).

12. klako

klako Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Yes, great game. We need it in iOS.

I also welcome clones. Iphone developers out there, please go play Clash of Heroes if you haven't yet.

13. breadicus

breadicus Member

Mar 15, 2011
    no more clones...i hate them

I agree with your first statement, but not the second. I am tired of all these devs just cashing in on other people's great ideas. There is something called 'innovation' out there, and it isn't hard to do if you are talented.

Certainly Clash of Heroes is not wholly original by itself, at its core it is Astropop, but they innovated by actually doing what Astropop couldn't do: make it fun. They added depth, for example, through their attacks, linking system, walls, fusion system and the use of Elites, in addition to the character building making the title an innovative experience with its roots in something we are familiar with.

The last thing I want is some other random dev to say, hey, this game is fun and they did all the work, now let me just reskin it and pretend like it is mine and make money off people.

In other words, Capy and Ubisoft just need to make a version for iOS, and we can call it a day ;)

14. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Hello!

I have MM:CoH and Puzzle Quest for the DS - but Puzzle Quest is still the best puzzle (match 3 and a bit rpg) game ever. Until now I haven´t found an worthy "opponent". ;)

So if you don´t have PQ - that would be my advice for you. ^__^

15. breadicus

breadicus Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyra, go play Dungeon Raid, there is a lite version available if you aren't immediately convinced...it is my favorite Puzzle RPG ;)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=73155

16. tetrisgrammaton

May 10, 2010
    I'm holding out for Clash of Heroes iPad too. Seems like a perfect fit.

Hope it happens.

17. tetrisgrammaton

May 10, 2010
    It's not like Capy hasn't done their share of cashing-in.

18. c-Row

c-Row Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Any news on this? Played the PC demo yesterday and really enjoyed it - but an iOS version would be the bee's knees! :D

19. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I don't think there was ever any news for an iOS port of M&M:CoH.

20. c-Row

c-Row Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Well, I just bought the PC version this weekend, so I expect an announcement soon (according to Murphy's Law) ;)