Why are you here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by dogface, Nov 28, 2012.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Please explain!

2. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    TBH I really don't know.

3. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    why wouldn't i be here ?

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    To post new release threads every Wednesday night?

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Because Chuck Norris said I should be here.

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Because I like iOS games:)

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    To find out where I am from and where I am going :p

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty much just because forums for consoles reach another level of stupidity/insanity. The people here are the biggest cheapskates in the gaming world, but when you take a look at the comments/posts on neoGAF, IGN, etc..bad things happen.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I love seeing the active developers and how involved they are with a community purely dedicated to iOS mobile gaming..

And this site is a fantastic why to waste time! :D

10. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I haven't used an Apple device as a main device in months (although I occasionally pick my iPod up for about 10 minutes), so I don't know why I'm still here.

Oh wait, because of this.

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #11 tygamr, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    I dunno why I'm here. I just am.

Nope. Biggest cheapskates are on Cheapassgamer. Seriously, so many people there try to figure out ways to cheat the system and get games for dirt cheap.

A few months ago, Target had a promotion where if you traded any 2 games in good condition with the case and manual (exceptions were made for cartridge based games, and there was no generation limit- you could trade in Atari games), they'd give you a $20 off 29.99+ game coupon.

It was discovered that you could literally trade in any game as long as it was in decent condition and met the requirements, and that the coupon worked for anything at any price ($20-29 games weren't excluded like they were supposed to be so people weren't paying anything except tax). GameStop happened to be having a (B2G2?) sale on old GameCube and PS2 games, so people that lacked crappy old games could pick up four from GameStop for $.50-$1 (there was a list in the thread of games that were $.25). It was so funny. The thread exploded and so many people got recent games for free or close to it, because the coupon stacked with Target's sales, and they happened to be having pretty good sales at the time.

Target has not had another promotion like that since, and all subsequent trade promotions have had limits on how old games could be. The trade in service is handled by an outside company that has a partnership with Target, and apparently they sell the stuff on eBay or something like that. They must have lost some money on that deal. Probably still have half the ancient games laying around and haven't managed to rid themselves of them yet. XD

This ^^^ isn't even the worst of it. People have returned things they got for free or cheap to Walmart to get money (return fraud which is illegal) because Walmart doesn't check IDs, and glitches in online systems often get exploited to get lower prices/more games than the deal actually allows (i.e. getting two games free rather than one during a B2G1 deal). Then there's flippers...

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Wait, help, where am I?

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol.

When you get to that level, you might as well just pirate games. Is cheating retailers "better" than cheating developers?

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'd say it's even worse. Retailers get a very small cut (except on their own products, which is why they will often try to give better deals on their brands than the name brands), and make most of their money by carrying a lot of different types of products, so you'll spend more of yours. Retailers that carry fewer products don't tend to make as much money, though specialty stores are an exception, as they often carry items unavailable at your basic department store.

15. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I'm here to represent the small percentile of users from 2008 who still go to this site for whatever reason.

16. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I'm just here killing time, unlike all these other leering cretins.

17. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    Originally, I only came here for the front page to see what new iOS games were out. Then I decided to lurk the forums to see what other iOS gamers thought about certain games that I myself purchased. After that, I decided to register and stick around.

I'm glad there's a community as big as this supporting iOS gaming, because honestly, I'm tired of console-gamers being vocally critical of iOS gaming. It's about affordability and portability in mobility form. If it wasn't for the iOS, I never would have discovered great games with stories such as the Bar Oasis series. I never would have been able to play Saturday Morning RPG or The Secret of Chateau de Moreau.

18. I'm here cause for some reason my mother and father decided to do the wild thing, and I was born with a desire to play ios games.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That about sums it up, I think. Born to play iOS games. Yep, that's my calling too :p

20. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I'm here cause I'm sucking at MC3 today and SSoHPKC hasn't uploaded anything on youtube