Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 2 on sale for 3.99.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just thought I would give the sqeenix Fans on TA a heads-up.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... A sale like this is something i'd would really want, but unforch i already have both games.

These games are recommended for both the quality of the games, and the nostalgia they bring.

3. ImmorTa

ImmorTa Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Hi mate, Does both games work without crash and bugs on Iphone 5?

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, I have both as well. Got them during the fall holiday sales. Still, recommended. I'm waiting on 4 to go on sale.

5. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'd be tempted if SE didn't just screw me so hard with ff all the bravest.

After that pos, I'm not giving them more of my money.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Or you could buy these to show them that you'll support their classic games, and avoid anything "new" they release...

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Did you not read anything on the game? Did you not watch the TA Plays video? Pretty much most of what Square puts out that is full of IAP is fairly garbage IMO. I could see this one from a mile away as not being worthy of my $$ or time. I did get a whiff of nostalgia though from all the sprite work in the videos... but I could just play one of the actual real FF games.

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just felt like mentioning that Square doesn't often put games on sale and rarely fiddles with their prices. Quite often it's a sign of an impending new release. I wonder if Square has a surprise in store for us this week.

Edit:typo

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, that'd be cool. FFT A2 perhaps? Or dare I dream, a port of one of the DS DQ remakes? :cool:

10. ImmorTa

ImmorTa Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    They put them on sale, because they just add new languages options for both games. See update.

11. The_Joker1721

The_Joker1721 New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Great games. Picked them up a while back. Just wished they would update the game for the 4 inch screen. Reason why I'm not playing the game at the moment.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Do they still have issues with saving or autosave? I seem to recall reading something about lost games elsewhere way back when these ports were first released.

13. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    That's stupid. Why would you support a company that clearly screws their customers when they release new content? They have horrible business practices do no I don't feel the need to repurchase games from them.

As for the other guy and seeing it coming: good for you. I wasn't a member here yet and just purchased ios games on a whim. There weren't any reviews out yet when it first came available so I took a leap of faith. Mores the fool me, but it's a mistake I won't repeat twice (this is the first. I dodged the newer ff titles and thought the retro + army feel of FFATB looked intriguing)

Anyways obviously grab these games if you really want to, but anyone that felt burned by FFATB shouldn't be supporting SE's further greed moves.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'll hold out till I get FFIII aka FFVI and as for ATB I could smell that stinker from a mile away. As much as I love FF games I'll never just buy one just cause they made it I always do some research first

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Are there people out there who do not already own iOS Final Fantasy I and II in their collection? Shame, shame... get it now. However neutered the difficulty may be they're still worthy.
    I haven't had any problems with the save functioning so advise that it is likely safe for you too.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, that's me... Mr. Dumbass. =oD

17. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Lol looked intriguing you crazy kids today :)

I think those people that got caught with ATB saw a new SE title that looked like their old classics and hit the buy button without checking to see what it was really about.

Today's lesion never rush to buy, the game will still be there tomorrow

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #18 Exact-Psience, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    You are funny... and ignorant. If your favorite game's dev had a new release and it was a sucky cash grab, would you not recommend your favorite game anymore and curse the devs for it?

I really feel sorry you fell for the crap that was ATB, but that doesnt make FF5 remake (SOON) something of an auto-skip.

19. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Man, I was so hoping this was the sign of the new FF5 release :( If you haven't gotten these games yet and call yourself a turn based RPG fan, you're missing out. These are the start of an excellent series.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #20 undeadcow, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    I love how people jump around and act like Square Enix has sold out... where have you guys been all these years? Ever since Final Fantasy X (10) I've been dismissive of many of their products. It's not a new turn of events that they have squeezed every ounce of profit they could from the Final Fantasy line (their sequels have sequels like FF X-2, movie game prequels, etc etc; nevermind the anime, plush toys, etc). Regardless every so often they release a total gem like Final Fantasy Dimensions, The World Ends With You, etc etc... I haven't figured out the pattern yet but I suspect if you buy every other Square Enix release you should be fine. Exploting the customer base is nothing new for Square Enix (or any other video game publisher [shhhh... Mario is watching]); still I can't help but love some of their stuff.