★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-17-2015, 05:02 AM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 7,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I've actually never bothered with GTA on iOS oy on PC and consoles as I figured the controls would be awkward on iOS. But been thinking about giving it a go, is this the most recent GTA still?
Yep, though Chinatown Wars was made universal and got an awesome modern update.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yep, though Chinatown Wars was made universal and got an awesome modern update.
I did notice that, I do actually like its graphic style too as it reminds me of the old GTA on the PC back in the 90s I think it early 2000?

How are these games with touch controls though? I often find fps games harder on iOS than on PC and with everything you do in these games.
08-18-2015, 03:17 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Bologna italy
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I did notice that, I do actually like its graphic style too as it reminds me of the old GTA on the PC back in the 90s I think it early 2000?

How are these games with touch controls though? I often find fps games harder on iOS than on PC and with everything you do in these games.
Both GTA 3,VICE CITY,SAN ANDREAS are games that suit better with a controller,if you have a MFI Controller,they're all 3 Compatible with,but to be honest,you have tons of option for virtual Buttoms,you can move them as you like,you can resize them,different Scheme,the problem I find it's in the most hardest Mission,especially in GTA SAN ANDREAS,since I like complete 100% the Game,and sometime I was mad about some optional mission,like Flying School,need lot of patience to get past some of them.

Last edited by oldsnake; 08-18-2015 at 03:19 AM.
08-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
I've actually never bothered with GTA on iOS oy on PC and consoles as I figured the controls would be awkward on iOS. But been thinking about giving it a go, is this the most recent GTA still?
Yep. Controls are fine once you get used to them, too