App description: --NEWS FLASH--
October 2014 - That Great Word Game in top 500 of worldwide of Sir Richard Branson judged "Extreme Tech Challenge"
August 2014 - That Great Word Game is announced as finalist in the "Aus Mobile and App Design Awards 2014"!

http://mobileawards.com.au/AUSAPPS14/entry_details.asp?ID=13348&Category_ID=6077

--Some Recent Feedback--
"It is a GREAT design, no one, in any of the games I play, has anything like it, it is UNIQUE!"

"I got so sleepy, my eyes would not stay open .. :) I was enjoying the game so much!"

"I just tried the Undo icon for the first time!! That is genius! Never saw it on any other games I play..
There are many many times I could have used it in games I play. great idea!"

--ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME!--

Do you like Scrabble, Words with Friends, Lexulous and others?

That Great Word Game (TGWG) is a game-changer. Literally.

Play alone or with a friend, TGWG not only allows players to enjoy the social word play we have all come to love, it also gives you the opportunity to create custom boards!

We took everything we wished other word games offer and added it here.

With TGWG you can do great things that other word games simply cannot do.

The option to UNDO your last play when you realize you could have done better!

Ever felt like designing your own board and where the tiles went? TGWG offers extra scoring tiles and even blocking ones to make it as fast, fun or as
challenging as you like!

Tired of the same board size each and every time? Create custom boards! Make them larger, smaller or a shape other than a square! TGWGs flexibility allows you to create the perfect board for anyones skill level!

Tired of limited word dictionaries? With TGWG you can use full size international standard dictionaries for the full play experience, or stick with something youre used to, like the cut down dictionary as used in Words With Friends and move up when youre ready!

Some functions and abilities are available to for a limited time for free so you can try before you buy! To keep them just make an in-app purchase.

Take advantage of introductory pricing and get them now!

You can make this a 2 player game. Select a friend anywhere on the internet (if they are a registered TGWG player) or request a random opponent. Make it a PassNPlay game.

Any way you want to play, we have you covered!

Want to know more? Join our online community! Visit these places for more information and be kept up to date!

www.ThatGreatWordGame.com
www.facebook.com/ThatGreatWordGame
www.twitter.com/GreatWordGame

ThatGreatWordGame's comments:
hi there!

We are proud to introduce "That Great Word Game"!

06-16-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm enjoying this game! Love that you can make your own boards and tile bags, but I REALLY love the undo button! That few seconds reprieve is great if you're an impulsive player like me and see a better word as soon as you hit play
06-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandgypsy View Post
I'm enjoying this game! Love that you can make your own boards and tile bags, but I REALLY love the undo button! That few seconds reprieve is great if you're an impulsive player like me and see a better word as soon as you hit play
Thank you

It's amazing how often you notice a much better move *just* after you've hit play.. that's why put "UNDO" feature into TGWG from the very beginning!

ThatGreatWordGame.com
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGreatWordGame View Post
Thank you

It's amazing how often you notice a much better move *just* after you've hit play.. that's why put "UNDO" feature into TGWG from the very beginning!
Yes! I use it heaps when I play..thank goodness it's there! The other thing I like are those blocking tiles you have put on the boards...I haven't seen those in any of the other games I play and they can make jostling for a good scoring word VERY interesting!
06-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandgypsy View Post
Yes! I use it heaps when I play..thank goodness it's there! The other thing I like are those blocking tiles you have put on the boards...I haven't seen those in any of the other games I play and they can make jostling for a good scoring word VERY interesting!
Exactly!

TGWG is like a 6 speed Ferrari compared to the others single speed Model T when it comes to board options.

Instead of just being a fixed board and "that's it" you can make your own or see what other people have made and are popular.

By varying the board dimensions, tile layout and have additional tile types such as QuadWord, QuadLetter and the BlockingTile you have a pretty much infinite range of possibilities.

Want a quick game? long game? High scoring game? Challenging game? Easy to look at game? You can do the lot all here in one app.

Attached is a pic showing the editor designing up a 20x20 game with tons of premium scoring possibilities and a couple of technical challenges thrown in too..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (510.9 KB, 0 views)

ThatGreatWordGame.com
06-20-2014, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE=ThatGreatWordGame;3259500]Exactly!

TGWG is like a 6 speed Ferrari compared to the others single speed Model T when it comes to board options.

/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't mind a Ferrari lol, but even without one, I am enjoying the game and, given I play a lot of word games, I think it compares really well with the others I play. Thanks for building it