Question about icon for lite versus full

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by butterbean21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Sorry newbie to all this,

Does the icon for the lite version have to be the same as the full version, or can you have a different icon for your lite version versus your full?

Also, does the lite version have to say the word lite or free anywhere on the icon, or can you leave it as is?

Thank you :)

2. Bronson15

Bronson15 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    iCons can be different and it doesn't have to say Lite or Free

3. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks appreciate the help!

4. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Some developers put "lite" or "free" in their apps' name, but I don't know if they all do this.

Almost every single free/lite app I saw has that in the icon, so it's pretty easy to tell them apart from the full versions by looking at the springboard.

5. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Yea I was wondering if it really mattered if you put the word "lite" in the free one, even if you use the same icon? For example, I think I noticed that Fling's free icon, and paid icon are both the same...

6. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It's up to the developer to make the icons AFAIK, if they want to use the same icons there's nothing to stop them from doing so. If I remember correctly, Lux also has the same icon in the free version as in the paid version.