Updates won't clear after finished?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dylan1696, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    After updating games that had available updates (minigore, eliminate, etc.) The updates re-appear as if they were never updated. What is going on, and why are they not clearing off?

Any info will be appreciated.

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #2 Ddyracer123, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    Hey Dylan,

I had this problem too for one of my apps called awesome note. I updated it and it didn't seem like the update processed. Most have updated it five times before it went away. It still shows that red badge on the app store right? I kept on updating mine till it went away. Or just reboot the device

btw, do you just have the bug where the badge won't go away or is the update not working for new content

3. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    I have rebooted and the updates have been made. The red badge just does not go away for minigore and eliminate

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've had many games up update then the update still shows available.

But now, Implode!, by IUGO, i've updated 5 times and the actual game isn't updating either.

5. TonyR

TonyR Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Apple S/O - Seville Vendor
    Austin
    I've had the same issues as well, not just with games but my quad camera, slo motion app, and others too. I'm using a 3GS and gave the latest update off iTunes so it sounds like a software bug to me. Glad I'm not the only one though. Eventually the badges go away and so do the update description in the app store. I'm sure they'll fix it with the numerous updates they always make.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    When you are updating the apps in your iDevice directly, they aren't updated in your program folder in iTunes. Go to the folder "programs" or "apps" (dunno whats it called in english) and click on "search for updates" at the end of the page. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Synchronize once. Done.

After that, my automatic update notifications were gone. Hope it helps! ;)