Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Ok, I tried to go through the thread so far and hopefully have addressed all the open questions aimed at us. There are over 1000 posts now, so if I missed something please feel free to point it out to me and/or repost and I'll try take care of things.

Thanks everyone for being patient and supporting our games. Mountain Sheep loves you. :)

2. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    #1002 Cybertox, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    I must say that i am disappointed on how the textures look on my iPad 2. The characters textures look very low quality. I must actually say that you could have done overall a better job with graphics. The interface is also quite disappointing but the gameplay is old and gold, really enjoying it. It also gets very hard at times and i like that.

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Unfortunately I seem to have hit the crashing bug. Game crashes on title screen. Hope you come out with a fix soon.

4. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Sorry you're not loving the textures, iPad 2 suffers a bit compared to retina devices with faster GPUs, but all of them also suffer a bit from texture compression just so we could fit this in 50MB. The faster devices use the same textures but get a bit more lighting effects and antialiasing, which helps some.

Still, glad you like the game. :)

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Does the double profit of hardcore mode stack with the double profit IAP? I bought it to support the developers (and myself), and I am wondering if playing hardcore mode will give me double of my already double coins. Also is there anything bad to not dying? I know you start over from Day 1, but is that negative in any way?

6. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Any chances of extracting a save file for us, either with i-FunBox or Xcode's Organizer in case you're a developer?

7. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    The multiplier stacks so you're getting 4x coins in hardcore with the doubler, and nights get faster and harder as they progress so you'll earn faster in later nights. So dying is not fatal (duh) but the further you progress the more you should be making. This may be further emphasized in an update...

8. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Hrm yes, i can try to extract it later. Whats the filename of the save game?

9. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Should be the .dat files in the AppData/Documents folder, if you can zip and share that, could help us resolve things. The files are named Minigore.dat, etc.

Here's a random idea, if you feel like poking at things - there's a .bak file for each .dat file in that folder also... I'm not 100% sure but deleting the .dat files and renaming all the .bak files to .dat respectively could restore you to the last working save game before your crash.

I wouldn't try this without backing up first, just in case. If it does work, though, this could be a workaround (if an awkward one) for those experiencing the crash.

10. Simpe

Simpe New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Worked fine before the update, now it's crashed.

Any more updates on the way (might be adressed already, but damn, I can't keep up with this thread)?

Btw, love the game.

11. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    Sorry to hear you're also suffering the crash, fixes and updates are on their way, both big and small.

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have finally read the whole thred!!! :D

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wow...

14. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    :eek:

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Any conclusions?

16. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    So are you ready to write the thesis and submit it to good 'ol Eli to be published on the TA frontpage?

Recommended headline: I read Minigore 2's thread in full, here's how wasting 3 hours of your life feels like

17. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Now go read the original minigore threat :D

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    The boss for minigore 1 map should be zombie gore

19. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member