AbyEscape (Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Mar 9, 2012.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    GEEZUS! This looks amazing.

I'm always up for a good iOS-centric game, and this looks to take the cake. It really looks like if you take the time to get used to the tilt controls, you'll be greatly rewarded.

Plus, tilt games have been really good this year IMHO.

---

Arta,

Thanks for keeping the upcoming thread updated!

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nah, doesn't look that amazing. Obviously inspired by Temple Run and doesn't seem to be better than it. TR is awesome.

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #4 GoofyJmaster., Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    All a matter of opinion.

I liked Temple Run but it was "dullish" IMHO. I think this one looks great. If this one can improve upon Temple Run's base mechanics then I'm all for it.

4. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Yes to be clear Temple Run is definitely an amazing game, we are just trying to make the best as we can on Aby Escape to bring more to players in that genre of running games.
    The game is going to be freemium with an unlimited mode but also totally free you have a story mode that you can see on this video on which you have well polished levels (30 total) in three differents worlds becoming more difficult progressively.

The 3 differents worlds are really amazing from a graphical standpoint, and the most important for us it's a lot of FUN :)

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Okay so last time I just saw the first part... Now I watched the rest and it does look good, really hectic action! Still little disappointed that it's missing the turns, but I guess it would be almost a direct copy of Temple Run then.

6. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    It can't be a copie of Temple Run, as the development started before Temple Run release and was a shock for the team but as always in the game history some games have a great influence on what is coming and Temple Run is one of these.
    So Pixelratio the studio behind the development could say it better, Temple Run had an influence yes, a copy no. They worked several months more to make Aby Escape a fresh one with lot more content but we don't want any polemic just providing a deep and enjoyable experience for iOS players.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I never said it was a copy. It would've been if it had turns.

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    It looks more like Zombie Runaway to me. I'm always up for a good endless runner.