Buying an in app item

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xdanleex, Jan 9, 2011.

1. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    In minigore and illusia and etc games with my itune account. This meanin I wan to buy an inapp and bill my iTunes account. I heard from others that yOu have to buy directly from the developers and that apple has no part with the In app. So I'm confused and need help.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You just click the buy button and it charges your account. Thats it.

3. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #3 alchemistrpm, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    Are you talking about buying an app directly from a publisher, excluding Apple from the deal? In-app-purchases are like when you download a game such as Space Miner Blast (free), then within the app, opt to buy a ship for 99c which unlocks retina support and nixes advertisements. Or when you buy (with real-world dollars) a potion or something in Illusia or Queen's Crown, for example.

4. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    in-app purchase(IAP) feature is governed by apple. when you do the purchase, you are not directly buy it from the dev, but from apple. apple will take 30% of the profit from the item you buy.
    many people don't know this. so, remember, any purchase happened in apple's ecosystem, you are doing it with apple, not dev. :)
    that's typical apple way~~~

5. iPodTouchGamer

Dec 6, 2010
    It asks you for your iTunes password before you actually buy it...
    That's how you know that Apple is a part of it.