Modern Combat Tactics by Gameloft [March 2013]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by defred34, Dec 7, 2012.

1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    This is a turn based strategy game spun-off from the popular Modern Combat FPS franchise.

The only information there is right now is that the game will arrive in March 2013.

[This post will be updated as more information becomes available]

2. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Does anyone have any idea what this might turn out to be? Something like Company of Heroes?

3. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Sounds like halo wars

4. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Halo wars wasn't turn based.

5. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    What makes you think MC Tactics will be turn based and not real-time?

6. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    uhmmm your post?

:p

7. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    My God, sorry. I forgot that bit of info even though I myself posted it. Yeah, checked the source again and that bit seems to be true. Sorry for the confusion again...to much going on in my head currently.

8. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I was going to answer, but eh do it for me anyway. :p

9. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Company of Heroes wasn't turn based either, can't believe no-one pointed that out.

I suspect this will be a pretty bland TBS. It needs a gimmick, something to make it different. Possibly, i'd like to start with a rookies squad of 4 or 6 and through the missions you get "intel" (though gameloft will give us ingame currency which we can buy for reals) and through this intel you can get your soldiers better gear (new weapons, armour, attachments, different ammunition etc.)

The cover system needs to be good, along with the animations. We need different attack choices other than just "attack". I'm talking (while in cover) popping above cover to take an "aimed shot" at the enemy, increase accuracy and crit chance (headshot) but reduces defence (your head/body is out of cover). The choice of blindfiring will reduce accuracy but keep defense up as you haven't moved out of cover.

There should be a system where-by only people with LMGs can "suppress" and enemy position stopping them from coming out of cover (lasts for 1 turn).

But Gameloft being gameloft they probably wont look at any of these posts and just do as they please and take peoples cash.

10. Fizikus

Fizikus New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    It's sounds like a freemium Jagged Alliance 2 (it's a quite old game, but I can't remember anything else).

11. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I seriously do want a RTS on my ipad besides starfront. I love RTS'. If this was one I'd be all over it.

12. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Autumn Dynasty?

13. Idris

Idris Member

Oct 7, 2012
    RTS Or Something Like Call Of Duty Elite ? Battlefield Log ?

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Probably something like that Ghost Recon game that Julian Gollop made for the 3DS, but with IAP's and paywalls.

15. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #15 mobilegame08, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    this is game is released !!!

name OFICIAL GAME, game World at Arms - Wage war for your nation!

you open the game folder with the itools [check image] will verify that the name of the game gets the acronyms MCT [MODERN COMBAT TACTICS]

producer to not have data of their future games released, adopt different names and are eventually released when another

axes of war - wild blood
    galaxy city - cosmic colony
    gangstar free + - urban crime
    monster keeper - monster life
    fashionista - fashion icon

among many others

Attached Files:

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Interesting clue

17. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hmmm, may not necessarily be true. This is because the documents showing the game names only leaked recently. And it clearly says March 2013 in there. World at Arms I think has been out for about a month right? Is there any reference in the game itself to Modern Combat? I'm thinking this game will have direct reference to Modern Combat (makes sense for them to leverage on that brand).

18. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    mobilegame08 is right, this is World at Arms. I was following this game on Gameloft live and they changed the name from modern combat tactics to World at Arms.