Kotoro - An Exploration of Colors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kotoro, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone,
    Kotoro is the first atmospheric puzzle game about color mixing based on the rules we all learn as children. The main objective is simple: Become a certain color by mixing with others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With more than 5 chapters and 60 puzzles, each chapter explores a new idea such as subtraction, replication or time. Designed as a universal app, Kotoro is priced at $0.99 and new chapters will be continually added for free.

Kotoro will be available tomorrow. You can check it at:
    http://kotoro.co

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm really enjoying g colour based puzzles at the moment so will be picking this up.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Dang... this seems like the perfect game for me, but some of the color mixing can get complex. I need to go back to the second grade. :(

4. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    The game actually only uses 6 colors. We tried to focus more on operations such as subtraction, duplication, time or switching between colors.

When we first started making the game it quickly became apparent that most people cannot predict the outcome of for example green and purple. Also, getting the right shade of green or blue was just annoying for players. So that's why we only focus on the primary and secondary colors. :)

5. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Wonderful! Hope you enjoy it!

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks neat! I'll give this a spin!

7. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Out in uk now. Bought. Will leave feedback later today.

Kotoro

Semidome Inc.
    "The visuals in Kotoro are simply beautiful." - AppAdvice "Based on a simple but effective principle." - MacGeneration …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "The visuals in Kotoro are simply beautiful." - AppAdvice "Based on a simple but effective principle." - MacGeneration "Something different to do at every turn." - 148Apps Featured by Apple as one of the Best New Games Kotoro is the first atmospheric puzzle game about color mixing based on the rules we all learn as children. Your objective is simple: Become a certain color by mixing with others. - 8 Chapters, 96 puzzles: Each chapter explores a new idea such as subtraction, replication or time - No Ads. No In-App Purchases. - Atmospheric soundtrack powered by 7 talented musicians from around the world - Fully localized for French, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish - Sync your game progress with iCloud - Minimalist, dreamy and beautiful - Ambient and relaxing experience
    Information
    Seller:Semidome Inc.
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Mar 27, 2014
    Updated:Mar 18, 2020
    Version:3.0
    Size:192.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

8. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Woohoo! Thanks!

9. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Looking forward to it! Don't forget to try a few of chapters. "Multiple Personality Disorder" is my favorite.

10. firstposter

firstposter New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Wow. Favorite game of the week so far... once you finish the tuts the rest is very good. You'll probably have a hard time selling the game since there is nothing like this. I suggest making it free and selling the individual chapters through In-App Purchases...

11. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Really nice atmospheric relaxing puzzler, I'm still in the tutorial levels but what I have played so far I really like, it reminds me if something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I slightly confused as to what the ball with the minus sign does but I'll figure it out I'm sure, I didn't see any written instructions but I may have missed them.

You move you orb to various places on the screen by touching where you want to move too, there are various other coloured balls and when you collide with them you change colour depending on what you were to begin with, so if you are blue and collide with a yellow then you turn green, the aim is to remove all the coloured balls and end up with just one that is the target colour. This one will be going in my folder along with colour zen, tengrami, kami, harmony etc. I hope the game does well for you and I shall be telling my friends about this.

Just saw previous post. Making the game free and then charging for level packs will affect those who bought the game already as they will then have to to pay again for packs, it's happened with etter drei and a lot of people were not happy, thankfully he has reverted back to paid and got rid of the iaps. I suppose if it released as a separate app it could work but I dunno.

12. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Thanks so much! We might make it free for promotional purposes but there won't be In-App Purchases. We would like the players to have the full experience.

13. Kotoro

Kotoro Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Thank you so much! I'm really happy you like the game! We won't introduce In-App Purchases. This has been very personal project for us and we really dislike In-App Purchases when we see them in games. Don't forget to leave us a review on the App Store! ;)