Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    With the exception of gyroscope, that about sums up what is needed to make me enjoy the combat again ;) Combine this with some special abilities/tech attacks (but carefully written to fit into the setting), and we'd have one of the deepest and most engaging multiplayer and single player action experiences for iOS.

I doubt we will see any of this in Shadowgun, but perhaps in a sequel.

2. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I've been experiencing multiple crashes on my iPad 2 also. Hope the update will fix it. Also had a bug where he descended into the floor while crouching behind a barrier and finally ended up in infinite blackness.

One question: How do you collect the secret skulls? I tried everything, from walking through it to tapping on it and even shooting it, but nothing worked (level 1 skull).

3. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    plz fix the lag on 3gs

4. robyleyes

robyleyes Member

Sep 22, 2010
    horde mode

This game deserve a HORDE MODE in MP... maybe coop horde mode too... but the game style like gears of war MUST have a horde mode PLEASEEEEEEEE

5. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    There are two ways to collect the secret skulls.

1. Tap on them when you next to them.
    2. Tap the fire button when you are next to them.

If those don't work, then it looks like you are experiencing some sort of unknown problem.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Thanks for the quick update guys! Keep it up.

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'd kind of like to be able to roll from cover to cover (Make the multiplayer maps so that they are designed for that too!). Who agrees?

8. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    #528 BruteOutlawz, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

This sums it all up for me, great post Pacificsun0481 :)

Everything you said there is how i feel about the game but i wouldnt have been able to put it quite as elegant as that. lol

Sure its got its flaws but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #529 squarezero, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    Yep, that would be cool. I love doing that in Deus Ex: HR.

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I think this game is really good. I know their has been criticism with the crashing but I have had no problems on my ipod touch 4G. I really like the graphics, atmosphere, and smooth gameplay. Firing weapons is a blast, with the run and cover. The AI is pretty good too. So overall easily worth the 8 bucks.

Can anyone explain to me, that if and when Madfinger implements multiplayer, will it be a TPS multiplayer or turn into a FPS multiplayer ?? I have never seen a TPS multiplayer on iOS. Thanks for an explanation.

11. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Ideas for multiplayer: I always like some type of leveling/ranking system in competitive MP. To keep things simple, even different badges (in place of the iconic skull badge) would be acceptable. These badges would show up upon killing or being killed by a player somewhere on the top mid portion of the screen as to not get in the way of your view.

Also, I'll echo what Syntheticvoid described earlier. Environmental hazards would be a neat addition to MP maps. I'll also add a vote in for melee combat (not just in MP).

In addition to that, like everyone else, we want more GUNS! Laser rifle, sniper rifle, submachine gun (rapid spray), Gatling, chainsaw! All types of crazy sh*t.

Oh and don't forget co-op horde mode if possible.

12. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I have to agree, Touch arcade got it wrong in their review, I found this game very fun to play, and will enjoy playing repeatedly with future updates.

13. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    TA got nothing "wrong" stop acting like cry babies because you don't agree with the review. IGN and STP were also both critical of this game and rightfully so. Don't get all pissy because you're easily satisfied by shiny graphics.

14. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Who's pissy? It's a matter of opinion. Stop hating.

15. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    IMO, they did get it wrong. I like the game. You don't ( I could care less) and I like the game for more than it's graphics. I enjoyed the gameplay, atmosphere, enemies,etc... No one is crying here, lol

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

"Your opinion is wrong."

Signed,
    Far too many people who don't understand what a review is.

17. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    lol, Your opinion is wrong :) I guess you don't like it when people disagree with your review. tough live with it.

18. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Your opinion was just fine, but that review didn't cover everything, just mainly the crappy stuff and left out several good aspects.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Once again you completely miss the point.

Oh, it sounds like what you were looking for was a game description. You can find that here: http://appshopper.com/games/shadowgun

20. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    ^ sarcasm much?