IOS 9.1 not functioning

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DonnyDJ76, Nov 29, 2015.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Ironically 9.1 was supposed to fix GC issues.

I was on the phone with Apple support yesterday between 11am and 6pm and no resolution was found other than to send the diagnostic report to engineers and wait to hear back.

My 3 devices, Air 1 Air 2 and 6+ are all 9.1. The 6+ and Air 1 fully recognizes Game Center. The Air 2 no longer does. I tried logging in in different ways but I get the same problem users with IOS 9.0.2 had.

Attempting to log into Game Center within settings freezes.

Attempting to log in via pressing the Game Center app gives me a white screen.

Any suggestions?

2. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I have done the same think you have done and the engineer was replying back for a while but now the problem is too big for him now and he doesn't reply back any more. The amount of time I have spent trying to find a fix for this problem I would suggest to you don't make the same mistake.

Search the forums there are other threads with this issue.

There is no fix at the moment, don't waste your time.

3. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I have Apple Care insurance that covers 2 years. I guess I will take that venue. I will lose a lot of IAPs and game progress but this seems the only way to go at this point.

Thanks for responding.

4. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Restoring your phone and getting a new device does not fix the problem. I've done it. You just have to wait for a fix. I'm on beta 9.2 and it still doesn't work.

5. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I hope that I will receive a new Air 2 where the iOS version has not been upgraded to anything after 9.0. Fingers crossed. They have on record that I've purchased the following devices:
    iPhone 3GS iphone4 iPhone 5 iPhone 6+ iPod touch 4 iPad original iPad 3rd generation iPad Air and IPad Air 2. This will certainly help my case.