Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2014, 06:27 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jForsythe View Post
If I have to redownload this game will I be able to hit a restore button to get stuff back that I paid for from the shop.
I know it's just credits but still.
The purchases are consumables so once you buy it, it's used once only. It's not a premium unlock that is retained, its like a "sack of gems" or "bag of potions" or "usable buff" etc.

Because my game is essentially 100% free. The IAPs are just cheats (& donation).
Old 11-07-2014, 07:30 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH_Phan View Post
Thanks. I only implemented the health icon, that colored dot in the rear of each ship, green = >75%, yellow = >25% & < 75%, red = <25% shields.

I wanted to avoid UI clutter, but i think damage number popups is a cool way to do it.

I'm working on Star Nomad 2 now, lots of features I had wanted to do for SN1 but at the time, was not capable enough to code. SN2 will be more X3 & Eve-like, grander in scope, with full mining/harvesting fleets, production system for ships & mods, squad creation and fleet controls. Story wise, its a progression of the final events of SN1.
That's great to hear! I love space! I really like the quirky humor in the game, doesn't take itself so serious. Can't wait to see the sequel! Any screenshots yet?
Old 11-08-2014, 03:07 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrith View Post
That's great to hear! I love space! I really like the quirky humor in the game, doesn't take itself so serious. Can't wait to see the sequel! Any screenshots yet?
It's just a lot of notes and concepts with a bunch of code features, ie. code for AI swarm movement for fighters & drones, so that combat is fluid and lighter ships can evade fire with their agility.

I am aiming for it to be a mix of FTL (randomness), XCOM (squad, base and global map/event management), X3/Eve (freedom and crafting/production). Hopefully I'm able to put it all together in a nice package.

It's a huge game, so far I am estimating it to be 3x larger in scope, depth and complexity. So it won't be ready for awhile. You guys have time to try and beat Star Nomad first and reach the ending in preparation.

Also, I will most likely release it to iOS/Android as a paid game with no IAPs.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 11-08-2014 at 03:09 AM..
Old 11-08-2014, 07:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Cool cool, this will now be the third space sim I will patiently be waiting for!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:42 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrith View Post
Cool cool, this will now be the third space sim I will patiently be waiting for!
Thanks.

I'm hoping to release an "Elite" version of Star Nomad on iOS soon (testing a new & improved iOS8+ compiler). Improved graphics/UI, HD textures, mining asteroids.. and, iPhone 6/Plus + iPad support.

And it will be simple, paid no IAPs.

But with starting dev on Star Nomad 2, and working solo on such a big scoped project, it'll be when I find the time.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 11-09-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Old 11-11-2014, 09:37 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH_Phan View Post
Thanks.

I'm hoping to release an "Elite" version of Star Nomad on iOS soon (testing a new & improved iOS8+ compiler). Improved graphics/UI, HD textures, mining asteroids.. and, iPhone 6/Plus + iPad support.

And it will be simple, paid no IAPs.

But with starting dev on Star Nomad 2, and working solo on such a big scoped project, it'll be when I find the time.
That sounds great. I've missed this game since I sold my iPad and moved to an iPhone 6 Plus only life.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Reminds me of a great game on c64 or was it Amiga... Called empire... It was like a 2d elite
Old 11-21-2014, 07:20 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
That sounds great. I've missed this game since I sold my iPad and moved to an iPhone 6 Plus only life.
I've submitted to Apple for review.

It's identical to the elite PC/MAC version, gameplay video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UPWb-Xe6Y

It definitely looks a lot nicer, but importantly, this new iOS8+ compiler I'm using for javascript is insanely fast (nearly 10x faster! ). This means the game runs a steady 60 fps always and only loads the CPU 15-20% (tested on iPad Mini 2) so the battery isn't hammered.

It's $3.95 (same as PC/MAC), No IAPs, with forever free updates. I'm worried the price will put many users off since I am not a big fish, but I figured its the same quality as the PC/MAC version, if I price it less, it would not be fair. We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully it'll pass the review soon enough.

Last edited by AH_Phan; Yesterday at 04:09 AM..