Frozen Synapse for iOS FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by VeganTnT, Feb 19, 2015.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #1 VeganTnT, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015

Frozen Synapse

Mode 7
    Frozen Synapse is a multi-award-winning tactical game. (Full cross-play with desktop and tablet versions) 9/10 Edge 9…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Frozen Synapse is a multi-award-winning tactical game. (Full cross-play with desktop and tablet versions) 9/10 Edge 9/10 Eurogamer 9/10 Destructoid • Independent Games Festival Audience Award • Develop Best New IP Award • PC Gamer Strategy Game of the Year • Indiegames.com Strategy Game of the Year (Reviews and awards for desktop version) Frozen Synapse brings the simultaneous turn-based strategy genre bang up-to-date and lets you give detailed, accurate orders to your squad: classic gameplay with a modern interface. Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "Prime" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously. Competitive-but-intuitive multiplayer and a huge single player campaign mean that Frozen Synapse will give you hours and hours of tactical delight. • 5 challenging multiplayer modes, including the innovative bidding-based “Secure” and “Hostage Rescue” • 55-mission single player campaign with dynamic dialogue and thrilling near-future narrative • Powerful Skirmish Generator Random generation combined with hand-crafted content means that levels and maps are different every time • Critically-acclaimed electronica soundtrack by musician nervous_testpilot - Existing players may use their existing account, but must buy a copy on iPhone to do so - If you already own the Red expansion, these features will be available to you via your existing account
    Information
    Seller:Mode 7
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Jan 08, 2015
    Updated:Aug 26, 2016
    Version:1.0.1
    Size:309.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Frozen Synapse - GameClub

GameClub
    Enter a bleak cyberpunk future where a small resistance struggles against an oppressive regime with the freedom of human…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Enter a bleak cyberpunk future where a small resistance struggles against an oppressive regime with the freedom of humankind at stake. You're a commander who has to issue orders to his soldiers in order to claim victory over the enemy. Battles move fast, but you'll experience them a few seconds at a time. Plan your moves carefully, give your orders, and watch how things play out. The enemy will also be making its moves, so you'll have to consider every possibility to keep your people safe. Play through a challenging campaign where the AI will dog your every step. Can you lead the resistance to victory against seemingly insurmountable odds? Looking for a little less commitment? Try out the Instant Skirmish mode to jump right into the action. Of course, the real challenge comes from taking on a human opponent. Play online with cross-platform multiplayer or in hotseat mode and see whose tactics reign supreme. With countless map variations, you'll find fresh challenges to test your strategies around every corner. Prove you have the superior synapses! Think Carefully: You have all the time in the world to plan the actions of your soldiers, but once the turn starts you can only watch things play out. Guide Every Move: It's up to you to decide where each soldier goes, how fast they move, and how they react to any enemies they see. You even control how they stand and which way they're looking. Total control, total responsibility. A Challenging Campaign: Assume the role of a resistance commander and battle against an oppressive government regime. Strike a blow for freedom! Multiplayer Battles: Go online and test your wits against another human, or challenge a friend on one device with the hotseat mode. Who is the superior commander? Fight in Style: Stylish minimalistic visuals are backed by a pulse-pounding soundtrack that will put you in the mood for some serious tactical action! ************************************************** GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases. If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Terms of Use: gameclub.io/terms Privacy Policy: gameclub.io/privacy _________ If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] Facebook: facebook.com/gameclub Twitter: twitter.com/gameclub Thank you!
    Information
    Seller:GameClub
    Genre:Action, Simulation, Strategy
    Release:May 16, 2013
    Updated:Mar 04, 2021
    Version:1.2.20
    Size:285.9 MB
    User Rating: (37)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Gotta say, I never expected this game to go free. Everyone should get it now if they haven't yet.

3. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    The iPhone version doesn't appeal to me (with how it's set out) but I'm downloading the iPad one now, thanks guys!

4. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks. I had the iPad version for a *long* time, though didn't play it much yet. Grabbed the iPhone one, then, hopefully I'll manage to play a bit on the go.

A question here: can this be played as asynchronous multiplayer?

Is there the Red expansion on iPhone? I seem to be able to start a Red campaign, though I haven't bought anything?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm curious about this as well -

I"ve never played, so I have no idea - On the iPhone, if you start a Red campaign, does it actually start a red campaign, or does it just default back to the original campaign if you haven't bought the Red IAP in another version/build of the game? I don't see any IAP, so if not, is there any way to buy the Red campaign in the iPhone version, or do you need to own another copy of the game?

6. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    My understanding is that the Red campaign is included in the iPhone version, free of charge, since there is no IAP in the game.

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Updated the thread to include the iPad version which has also gone free

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well then!!! =oD

9. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Yes, there is asynchronous multiplayer, however remember that this simply means everyone are making their turns at one because it's turn based. The pace is the same; you still have to wait for your opponent to make their turn.

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks. That works for what I'm going for. Cheers!

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Has any of you actually confirmed this? I can't distinguish between the regular and red campaign, so...

Also, didn't the Red upgrade feature co-op multiplayer online? Where can I test that?

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    The last line of the App Store description says:

- If you already own the Red expansion, these features will be available to you via your existing account

So my guess is that you need to have bought the red campaign in another edition (PC/ iPad) to be able to play it.