★ TouchArcade is in READ ONLY mode this weekend while we upgrade. Please support us on Patreon.

WARNING - Forget Clones, Now they are stealing game source code

03-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Today Apple Legal team confirmed that they have removed all the three cloned apps from the appstore
03-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierun Studios View Post
Today Apple Legal team confirmed that they have removed all the three cloned apps from the appstore
Nice, congratulations!

03-15-2017, 04:35 PM
awesome news, did the developer got ban from the App Store as well?
03-15-2017, 11:59 PM
No. Developer still is live with his other apps.
I'm hoping multiple reports for the same developer would lead to that result.
03-18-2017, 01:30 AM
My Story

The way Apple do it is let developers dealing with each other. They don't care about copyright or cloning when they review the app. I think it's beyond their capability to handle such issue for millions of apps on the App Store.
A few years ago, I had an app that got reported by Facebook legal team. The app is 100% original, not a clone or rip off or anything, but the app name is something like "ABCXYZ for Facebook". Apparently having "for Facebook" in the app name. is not accepted by FB Legal team. They said I violated their trade mark.
So Apple wanted me to talk to Facebook legal team directly to resolve the issue.
After some email back and forth, I decided to take the app down, as it didn't generate enough revenue to be worth the effort.
So if you have someone using your assets illegally, just report.
03-20-2017, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteking View Post
The way Apple do it is let developers dealing with each other. They don't care about copyright or cloning when they review the app. I think it's beyond their capability to handle such issue for millions of apps on the App Store.
A few years ago, I had an app that got reported by Facebook legal team. The app is 100% original, not a clone or rip off or anything, but the app name is something like "ABCXYZ for Facebook". Apparently having "for Facebook" in the app name. is not accepted by FB Legal team. They said I violated their trade mark.
So Apple wanted me to talk to Facebook legal team directly to resolve the issue.
After some email back and forth, I decided to take the app down, as it didn't generate enough revenue to be worth the effort.
So if you have someone using your assets illegally, just report.
Yup this is true. Apple don't care about who owns what. 3 years ago there was a developer who had his original app taken down because the cloner reported his app first.
04-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Game source code

Nice content on the basis of the warning clones on the stealing game source code. This is a serious issue for the game lovers. Lenovo Customer ServiceThank you so much for such a great content and also news for keeping the safe mode.