Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 AM

I find it difficult ..
For those stars that you have visited, the screen shows it (either blue , red etc) but be good if it show me it contains 1 gas planet, 1 rocky etc .. easier to backtrack if needed...

Think I suck at resource mgmt games.

But like concept of planetary exploration.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgac View Post
I find it difficult ..
For those stars that you have visited, the screen shows it (either blue , red etc) but be good if it show me it contains 1 gas planet, 1 rocky etc .. easier to backtrack if needed...

Think I suck at resource mgmt games.

But like concept of planetary exploration.
There's a piece of tech you can find/craft that allows that.

.... But why would you back track?
Old 12-27-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
There's a piece of tech you can find/craft that allows that.

.... But why would you back track?
Yup, after few play throughs , realize there is a tech that allows me to see.. Anyway was hoping my craft has perhaps pen and paper to jot down past visited stars what planets there are haha . Backtrack because sometimes i am in emergency and I need like fuel so if I can go back to a star where I'm certain/ remember there's a gas planet, compared to taking a risk on a new star.

Finally got my first ending, the blue ending, but leave me a bit disappointed at how it ends.

There's no persistency in that you gain/retain better tech when you restart the game as you gain experience points or something, so the excitement is to try get all endings? I guess I lost much interest after that one ending. Not sure if I'm right in saying its primarily a resource management game? maybe pick it up again after new content update ..

Wonder if ftl is more addictive..
Old 12-28-2014, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Yup, after few play throughs , realize there is a tech that allows me to see.. Anyway was hoping my craft has perhaps pen and paper to jot down past visited stars what planets there are haha . Backtrack because sometimes i am in emergency and I need like fuel so if I can go back to a star where I'm certain/ remember there's a gas planet, compared to taking a risk on a new star.

Finally got my first ending, the blue ending, but leave me a bit disappointed at how it ends.

There's no persistency in that you gain/retain better tech when you restart the game as you gain experience points or something, so the excitement is to try get all endings? I guess I lost much interest after that one ending. Not sure if I'm right in saying its primarily a resource management game? maybe pick it up again after new content update ..

Wonder if ftl is more addictive..
They're very different games, but they both definitely involve the management of resources.

FTL, however, is very combat heavy, and also a roguelike . And if I'm not mistaken, the only thing you retain between playthroughs is the ship's you've unlocked.

Out There is a sci-fi gamebook roguelike.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
They're very different games, but they both definitely involve the management of resources.

FTL, however, is very combat heavy, and also a roguelike . And if I'm not mistaken, the only thing you retain between playthroughs is the ship's you've unlocked.

Out There is a sci-fi gamebook roguelike.
Yes, that's the word, gamebook! And a very random one too

But hearing how difficult FtL is, I'm not sure I'm able to make it haha.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:06 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Yes, that's the word, gamebook! And a very random one too

But hearing how difficult FtL is, I'm not sure I'm able to make it haha.

Ftl is also very random
Difficult but satisfying
Every playthrough is different

Get it now...
And the soundtrack are also superb

Any news about the omega version?
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 AM

When I got my first ending, the game ends though I have another red objective. The game doesn't allow you to continue other objectives ? What about Omega version?
Old 01-03-2015, 07:26 AM

Two things:

1.) Holy shit this game is great! I didn't ever have even the slightest interest in this game but during this sale I got a wild hair and picked it up...WOW! Addicting stuff.

2.) what's with the version leaderboards? I'm really not wanting to read 700+ posts, just a brief explanation would suffice..