App released excatly on the Christmas holiday

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Jerry1923, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jerry1923

Jerry1923 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I want to make an update for my existing App and want it to be approved excatly on the Christmas holiday. Does there any way to do so?

2. ethanwa

ethanwa Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    A couple of things:

1. Getting updates bumped on the Release list doesn't work anymore. So if you think doing this will give you a boost in revenue, you're probably wrong, sorry. Apple just changed this a week or two ago.

2. You can set the release date ahead to a specific day if you want, but your app may be pulled off of the store until then.

I don't know any other way besides getting lucky with your timing. Maybe submit it to Apple two to three weeks before the date you want.

Ethan

3. Hey Ethan, just curious, since we're about to submit our first update--after an update has been approved by Apple, does the previous version (the version then currently in the app store) automatically get pulled from the store, and you need to set the release of the update to the same day it was approved in order to ensure your app is continuously selling in the store?

4. jlanis86

jlanis86 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    #4 jlanis86, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    Yes. Your update's release date should never be later than the current date, regardless of approval. Otherwise, the app will be pulled from the store. As soon as you upload your binary, the updated version and the earlier version are treated as one app.