Universal The Muscle Hustle (By Foxglove Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AmazinDave, Nov 1, 2017.

1. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    They're there to help cut off the occasional stalemate. You can get into bad situations with, say, two well matched tanky wrestlers with strong sustain abilities and poor attack that'll just go on forever. The chairs are meant to turn up the heat on everyone to bring it to a close.

Fwiw, we got the idea from this, which seemed funny at the time. :)

You're definitely not the only one to mention that it plays out in unfair ways sometimes, so we'll think about other options.

2. Cytona

Cytona Member

Nov 8, 2017
    What's also unfair is getting the same Superstar character 5 times. Seriously why make it possible at all to get one the same superstars 5 times, why not cap it? It's not that easy to get 110 gold for a full summon this is so ####ing frustrating

3. mockatee

mockatee New Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Wiki?

Hi there,
    I've been looking all over the place for a wiki, spreadsheet or a community around TMH. Is there any? I like to optimize my game plan so I'm interested in things like

- Xp required for each level and each tier
    - More elaborate online wrestlepedia so I can know for each wrestler their max hp / atk / range (or even better: level based hp / atk / range)
    - Tactical tips
    - Suggested teams
    - Character tier list

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    In my top ten games of the year

5. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Wow, thanks!

This is something we'd really really like to do. We've been talking about it recently and I hope to get it kicked off soon.

Yikes, sorry about that. I just checked our drop rates and did the math and the same superstar 5 times in a row *should* be literally a 1 in 100,000,000 chances event. So if that happened to you like that then I'm suspicious that something might be wrong. If you DM me your player ID I'll take a look.

6. mockatee

mockatee New Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Hey there,
    I wanted to give a feedback about the daily challenge, because it is a real problem to me how it's currently implemented.

So the way it works is, once you get a daily challenge, it stays in the list of daily challenges until the challenge is completed. There are some challenges which are relatively easy, but some of them are nearly impossible to achieve, and since they never refresh you're quickly stuck with 3 impossible challenges, completely locking you out of the daily challenge alltogether.

A few days ago, I received my first nigh impossible challenge: to train any character with a 5* coach !!!5 TIMES!!!. I've farmed the "very hard" scouting special events like crazy, doing the event over 40 times. Out of this, I got 4 4* coaches, and all the rest were 3* coaches. Maybe I didn't get lucky, but in my whole time playing this game I've only had 4 5* coaches tops. So it's going to be WEEKS before I'll ever complete that "daily" challenge.

Now the "nice" thing about this, is that even though one slot is blocked, I can still do the other 2 challenges, and even if it takes me 2 days to get 3 challenges done, the counter remembers the finished challenges from one day to another.

But this morning I got this other nigh impossible challenge: Win 3 multiplayer games with only heavies. Now that would be doable if you're in the bottom leagues, but where I am at currently, the meta is such that it's almost impossible to win only with heavies. Almost everyone plays 5* mad mike with over 1200 health regen per turn. There's not a single full heavy team out there that can even begin to hurt him. I have to concede over and over again to lower my arena rank to drop out of my league so I can perhaps stand a chance, or hope to face a noob (which there are none of in my current league), or pray for a disconnect. That's not my definition of an enjoyable user experience.

And now with only 1 slot available in my daily challenges, I can only complete the 3 challenges once every 3 days. That's until that slot gets taken up by some other ridiculous challenge.

So please either:
    - Review the system so that unfinished challenges are reset the next day
    - Give us an option to "reset" challenges for a bunch of hustlebucks (1000 bucks per challenge sounds fair)

but please do something about it because as it stands, it sucks

7. LANCEtheLAW

LANCEtheLAW Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
  8. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Game is fun but I have had a daily quest to complete a level with a wrestler that I do not have for what seems like a month now. I have bought countless packs with cash and gold, yet this lame daily stays unfinished for the past month or so. I havent been able to finish the task for all dailies because of this.

Really? I quest with a wrestler I dont have. I throw ALL my cash at those lame junk packs, save up gold for normal packs, and even bought several gold packs with real $$$.

oh and with so many games out, I am not sure gating gear behind timed events isw a good idea, because once I take my face out of your game, it is going in another one. Once I get hooked there, my money will follow.

9. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Hey guys, thanks for bringing this topic up. We just released a new update (1.2) that I think will make things better. You can reset challenges now.

10. JackpotJames

JackpotJames New Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Belt Question and other ideas

So I've been playing this game for about 2 months now and oh boy I think it's great and I think you guys are doing a great job, I've just got one question on how the maximum amount of belts applied to a wrestler works. This is because I have superstars like Shady Ray that can have +222 power from gear and belts whereas Samson only has + 83 power, I have maxed out every belt equip for both characters, is this change is power just due to traits of the character or is it due to using lower stared belts, or not putting on max number of belts before promoting. A reply to this would be much appreciated.

I also have some suggestions, the XP system in the game at the higher levels are too much of a hassle unless you are getting the coaches from the special matches. I suggest making these come along more often or altering the type of coach given and it's frequency, E.g having a special match with all 3-star coaches every 3 days or something. If you know what I mean. Also the amount of money you charge for gold, etc. is too much. I've never paid for anything and from completing the campaign and having a bunch of superstar wrestlers, it's just not worth it. Also I'm pretty sure you are aware of the broken meta at the moment with the slingshot ability, possible nerf this ability by lowering the damage of each hit from slingshot. I also suggest implementing a way to buy different arenas to fight in, I think it would be nifty. The Bumper wrestler is also terrible when compared to any of the other wrestler types. I know Bumper is bascially the Vanila type, but it's garbage and needs something to have a pro to the other wrestler types, maybe having an extra ability and it's final promotion. I think that's about it, I'm sorry for any grammartical errors as it's late. I hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    A Supporter of The Muscle Hustle

11. AmazinDave

AmazinDave Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 5, 2016
    Hey everybody,

It's been a long time but I just wanted to drop a quick note here with a few updates. We've added a ton of new stuff to the game since the last time this thread was active:

-7 new wrestlers, 5 of them Luchadors
    -Daily leaderboard contests
    -3rd PvP arena
    -Improved matchmaking in PvP
    -Challenge issues described above (@mockatee) are fixed
    -Lots of ability balance issues addressed

Also, since it came up earlier in the thread, the community has done some really nice work on a wiki, here:

https://muscle-hustle-wrestlerpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Muscle_Hustle_Wrestlerpedia_Wiki