★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Problems with Knights Onrush and OS 3.0?

06-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Problems with Knights Onrush and OS 3.0?

So, on level 3, zillions (well it seems that way) of enemies storming the castle, and the touch screen stops working for a few seconds... Can't pick up guys, can't activate weapons, nothing... Then it will start working again.. In this game a few seconds generally means death... Anyone else having these problems?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Mine is working just fine on OS 3.0.

06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
So, on level 3, zillions (well it seems that way) of enemies storming the castle, and the touch screen stops working for a few seconds... Can't pick up guys, can't activate weapons, nothing... Then it will start working again.. In this game a few seconds generally means death... Anyone else having these problems?
I'm having an issue with the bad guys getting stuck in the air... they just hang there. If I pick up another one, and in the process of flicking them up I swipe the hanging one, then the hanging knight will drop.

It's terribly aggravating

I'm on 3.0 and a 1st gen iphone
06-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I got a problem on the Shop list in campaign mode. Sometimes, the scroll listing will get stuck on half way across Sacrifices and I can't buy new Doors throughout the mission. Btw, this is firmware 2.2.1

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Only picked this up today but havent seen any touch problems so far on iPhone 3G, OS3.0. I have seen one or two enemies stuck in the air but only after ive finished the level while the screen is dimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
I got a problem on the Shop list in campaign mode. Sometimes, the scroll listing will get stuck on half way across Sacrifices and I can't buy new Doors throughout the mission. Btw, this is firmware 2.2.1
Ah, I had that on one level and asumed you just couldnt upgrade your door on that level lol
06-28-2009, 04:16 PM
1) The thing with guys hanging in the air is an old bug, pre iphone 3.0. The developers claim it's the fault of the hardware, not their software, but they really ought to be able to fix it...

2) On some levels you can't buy door upgrades. Yeah, it could be made more clear...
06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
So I started the game tonight and now the campaign shields don't appear. (iPod touch 1st gen, OS3.0) The other two modes seem to work. This problem is not fixed by restarting, and I don't want to delete it in case I lose my progress.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
So I started the game tonight and now the campaign shields don't appear. (iPod touch 1st gen, OS3.0) The other two modes seem to work. This problem is not fixed by restarting, and I don't want to delete it in case I lose my progress.
I had the same problem, and sadly the only way to fix it (that I found, at least) is to delete the game and then reinstall it.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
I had the same problem, and sadly the only way to fix it (that I found, at least) is to delete the game and then reinstall it.
That's abysmal.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
06-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
Only picked this up today but havent seen any touch problems so far on iPhone 3G, OS3.0. I have seen one or two enemies stuck in the air but only after ive finished the level while the screen is dimming.

Ah, I had that on one level and asumed you just couldnt upgrade your door on that level lol
same thing for me