Slap Bingo - PvP Arena Combat Bingo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fish alan, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Fish alan

Fish alan Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Here is a little teaser for my current project.

Slap Bingo is an online player versus player arena combat game. The object? Get Bingo! How do you do that? Bingo balls spawn throughout the arena - slap it to get it before the other player. Slap the other player to keep them from getting to those balls and winning. Slap power ups and collect coins. Win big and upgrade your character with costumes and new abilities. And lots of slapping. This is definitely not your grandma's bingo - unless she liked to slap people.

I'm in the early development stages but have already built out many of the mechanics. I'll be posting updates and some early gameplay footage soon.

I'd love to hear what you think. Feedback is appreciated, even at this really early stage. I'll also be posting some of the costumes that I've created and would love to hear any ideas you have on that front.

My goal is to have this finished and released hopefully this summer.

Thanks!

2. TigerrrUppercut

TigerrrUppercut Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 8, 2016
    Mobile Marketing, Monetization & Community
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I do love me some slapping!

Happy to test if you like, I'll PM you my info :)

3. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    If you love slapping then this will be the game for you. Lot's of slapping. Bingo balls? Slap em. Other players? Slap em. Door switches? Yep. Slap em.

Can't wait to show off more soon.

4. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Here's a little gif of a few of the costumes that I've built in. You can see that there are quite a few that I didn't show off here.

[​IMG]

Also adding in the full-res video, for those that like a little more spit shine than a gif can show.

I love suggestions for things like this. Thoughts?

5. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    I like to take time to decompress from some of the coding to make a few of the more fun things here and there.

The arenas will feature some wipeout style obstacles - some more hazardous than others. Here are the little bumper posts.

[​IMG]

6. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Working on refining the player controls and AI for the single player opponent. The plan is to have varying levels of aggression - how much will AI attempt to pursue and attack the player - and intelligence - how good is the AI at finding bingo balls he needs to win.

The player controls are feeling pretty good right now. The circle in the bottom middle is currently the virtual joystick. The placement will change, possibly to a joystick that centers on the player's initial touch. The "SLAP" button has a charging function - the player can slap a ball at anytime but attacks on other players need to be charged.

Finally, I'm also incorporating the power up system. Power ups are unlockable, purchasable items - rings in fact - that give the player different types of powers. I'll have more on that later.

In the meantime, here is the screen I mentioned earlier.

Attached Files:

7. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Finally have a pretty solid AI for the single player parts of the game. I'm sure there will be some tweaking as development continues, but the enemy player chases, slaps, looks for bingo balls and collects power boosters.

[​IMG]

Feels pretty good for now. On to getting some of the power ups to function. I'll post more on that later. I've come up with a fun system that allows players to equip powers from 3 different categories. Should make for some interesting strategy in a very silly game.

I'm adding more costumes as well whenever I need a break from the heavy coding. Love to hear some costume ideas if you have any.

That's all for now. I hope for more updates soon.

8. Fish alan

Aug 5, 2011
    Got some more updates. I did a pretty heavy focus on the upgrade system this week, in particular with the power ups.

Power ups are divided into three categories - tactical, offensive/defensive and bonuses - all of which are equipped with rings.

Rings on the first finger are tactical. Right now, I have a radar ring which shows you where bingo balls are in relation to your character, a magnet ring that draws power orbs to your character and a stealth ring that makes you invisible to the other player. In the screenshot, he (she?) is ghosted purple, but during the game, when stealth is on, you'd become fully invisible to the other player.

Only one ring in the other categories for now. The middle finger is for the offensive/defensive ring. The fire shield protects you from being slapped by the other player. Finally, the third finger is for bonuses. The free square ring lets you start the game with one square on your card already claimed.

More powers to come and I'd love to hear ideas for other powers. Check out the screens. I'll be starting some clean up of the UI and designing the arenas this week.

Attached Files: