★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Stranger Things is back! Prepare for Season 2 of the award winning show by joining Hopper and the kids on a new, action-packed adventure.
It's 1984 all over again. Experience an action adventure game just like the ones our heroes would have played back in the day.
Explore Hawkins and its surroundings. See your favorite locations like Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab. Uncover exciting areas you've never seen before!
Solve puzzles with the unique abilities of each character. Lucas can nail anything with his Wrist Rocket. Nancy has an entire collection of bats to swing this time.
Collect all the Eggos and Gnomes you can lay your hands on. You never know what they might unlock...
Compete with your friends' Speed Run times on leaderboards and social media.
10-04-2017, 05:13 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
This game is full free with no iaps

10-04-2017, 05:42 AM
Yeah i heard its more a promotional tool for season 2 so theres no dodgy IAP catch or that

So many shows to watch at the moment but i will watch this one very soon. Love the SNES style look
10-04-2017, 08:18 AM
The game is really good. Gameplay is zelda-ish, pixel art is ok, and it's free with no in-apps.

Even if you're not a fan of a series still a solid one.

XboxLive: MaxRolled | VG(EU): Ann0ying | GC: Ann0ying666 | Apps Beta Tested: 34
10-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Why is this free?? Waiting for a catch.

Having fun with it so far.
10-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgold View Post
Why is this free?? Waiting for a catch.

Having fun with it so far.
Some games have advertising. Some games are advertising. .
10-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
truth! and from what i gather it's straight free no real catch other than they get to promote their show
fun game so far my co workers are loving it too finally got them on an ios game ha
10-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I'll happily sit through ten hours of this kind of advertising! Played through the first location, and I'm hooked. That chip-tune theme song... This is something awesome. I hope it gets put on Steam or the MAC App Store too.
10-04-2017, 10:04 AM
This is exactly how tie in games should be. Free with no IAP and part of the marketing budget. Only played a few minutes but loving it so far!
10-04-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: The first dungeon; I found Lucas, turned off two lasers, but can't seem to figure out this room (do I need the keycard?):

Also, what's the deal with the cracked wall and small pipe/tube?

This is a little embarrassing seeing that I fancy myself as a puzzle/adventure type of gamer...

Download Hungry Lizards for iOS, Pocket Gamers #1 pick in 2016!