★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-14-2017, 06:33 PM
The game has been telling me I need to update all day. No update in the store. Anybody else experiencing this?

War. War never changes.
11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammajamma28 View Post
The game has been telling me I need to update all day. No update in the store. Anybody else experiencing this?
I'm getting this too, all day it's been telling me to update but there isn't an update in the store yet, so I'm guessing the update is coming soon? I will say that this game has been a lot of fun. I can't wait for the update.

11-14-2017, 09:34 PM
Quote:
That is an iOS bug... I have been getting it a lot with various game updates.. just pulldown on the 'updates' screen to refresh and you should be good to go.
11-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Johnny is there still room? also, do you know if leaving a clan has any penalties?
11-14-2017, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbrickem View Post
Johnny is there still room? also, do you know if leaving a clan has any penalties?
I'd imagine that your donation count would be reset if you leave a team.. other then that, I don't think there is a penalty. We have about 5 spots open.
11-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
I'd imagine that your donation count would be reset if you leave a team.. other then that, I don't think there is a penalty. We have about 5 spots open.
cool, thanks i'll join up - current random clan isn't active at all
11-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Just delete and reinstall and it will be fine the developer on Twitter told me

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i
11-14-2017, 11:28 PM
What do you guys spend your Dollars on?

The cost of packs seems too high to be worth saving it up for the random rewards.

What I do is I'll spend the dollars to open more lockers if there is a card up for grabs that I really want. I'll spend $2 if there's a stack of upgrades I need or 250 tickets, in hopes I'll get it but if the prize is a rare card I want I'll pay more.

I have found this has helped me grow my collection pretty fast. I'm also pretty diligent about playing the PvP every 4 hours which is really the best way to get cards and upgrade mats. Prizes for winning, packs are good, tickets for buying epics, replenishes dollars.

I'm totally F2P, Lvl 6 Rank 14 and I haven't felt the need to spend any money. I really like the single player but it's pretty easy. The PvP is pretty challenging but I think I'm getting better.

Unlike PvE, the PvP is actually very strategic. You need to have good timing and placement with the right cards at the right times.

Some things I like better than Clash, like a single player campaign in which you can grind for cards and know what your fighting for, not having timers on PvP packs. On the other hand, having a separate currency just for PvP is something I'm not sure about. I guess because you also get gold with PvP it's ok.

Easily the most obnoxious thing about the game is the fact that there's multiple upgrade materials you need to get to upgrade cards in addition to getting dupes AND these are different for each theme. It can really be frustrating to have the upgrades you need be shown as a potential prize and then not pick the right lockers to get them.

One other thing that is cool in theory but hasn't worked well in practice: clans. Donating cards is a tough sell, especially rares. It's easier to give up cards in Clash IMO. As it stands, I've only gotten a handful of commons from the other people in my clan and I've never gotten a rare when requested (although I did donate a rare, myself!). Also, no friendly battle? Weak.

Overall, I do really love this game. It won't replace Clash Royale but it will live alongside it on my phone. They did a great job making a fun F2P mobile game in a way that is compelling and satisfying, especially if you like the show. I love all the card art so much and the voiced character callouts are often hilarious.

Last edited by HotHamBoy; 11-14-2017 at 11:39 PM.
11-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Lol this game is awesome, if for no other reason than just the dialog.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
11-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHamBoy View Post
What do you guys spend your Dollars on?

The cost of packs seems too high to be worth saving it up for the random rewards.

What I do is I'll spend the dollars to open more lockers if there is a card up for grabs that I really want. I'll spend $2 if there's a stack of upgrades I need or 250 tickets, in hopes I'll get it but if the prize is a rare card I want I'll pay more.

I have found this has helped me grow my collection pretty fast. I'm also pretty diligent about playing the PvP every 4 hours which is really the best way to get cards and upgrade mats. Prizes for winning, packs are good, tickets for buying epics, replenishes dollars.

I'm totally F2P, Lvl 6 Rank 14 and I haven't felt the need to spend any money. I really like the single player but it's pretty easy. The PvP is pretty challenging but I think I'm getting better.

Unlike PvE, the PvP is actually very strategic. You need to have good timing and placement with the right cards at the right times.

Some things I like better than Clash, like a single player campaign in which you can grind for cards and know what your fighting for, not having timers on PvP packs. On the other hand, having a separate currency just for PvP is something I'm not sure about. I guess because you also get gold with PvP it's ok.

Easily the most obnoxious thing about the game is the fact that there's multiple upgrade materials you need to get to upgrade cards in addition to getting dupes AND these are different for each theme. It can really be frustrating to have the upgrades you need be shown as a potential prize and then not pick the right lockers to get them.

One other thing that is cool in theory but hasn't worked well in practice: clans. Donating cards is a tough sell, especially rares. It's easier to give up cards in Clash IMO. As it stands, I've only gotten a handful of commons from the other people in my clan and I've never gotten a rare when requested (although I did donate a rare, myself!). Also, no friendly battle? Weak.

Overall, I do really love this game. It won't replace Clash Royale but it will live alongside it on my phone. They did a great job making a fun F2P mobile game in a way that is compelling and satisfying, especially if you like the show. I love all the card art so much and the voiced character callouts are often hilarious.
You’re doing great I save the money for coins that way you can have coins to spend on upgrades

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i