Universal Civilization Revolution 2 for iOS releasing on July 2nd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Twenty One, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I can't believe how cheap some people can be, this game isn't a simple flappy or endless runner, so the price won't stop me, I'd rather pay more to get more than paying less to get less

2. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Instant buy!

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

That does more or less describe the Civilization Brand since the late '90 :D

There is no harm in charging for an App more then the usual $1. 2K has already proofed in the past that a Price Tag of more then $10 or more can still result in a Top Ten Position on the AppStore.

It`s just that 2K at the same time has already proofed too that they are capable of literally trying to cash out on every single bit of a Game doesn`t matter how shitty it might be.

So by cutting out the Multiplayer Modus for the Launch I pray that 2K won`t show up in like a Month and suddenly announce an Multiplayer Addon that is sold seperatly since then we would be already be in a Price Region that would reflect not just an reskinned Civilization but already a Full Price PC Game and those do offer more then we are getting currently for our Mobile Devices.

Let's put it into perspective:

If 2K Games had annocuned a full operational Civilization similar to their X-Com Game for Mobile you would see me throwing Money at them. But since the Multiplayer Part and probably other parts of the Game where cut out I am skeptic of what I will get for those $15 later today/tomorrow.

4. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    They did, but they added it like four years after the initial release on iOS. Realistically they just wouldn't have supported it at all anymore without some new revenue. Most games don't get updates anymore after this many years so there really was no reason to complain about the DLC.

But for a new game that comes out in 2014, expectations are a bit higher compared to 2009...

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow, do you have some surprised ahead of you if you fire up Civ 4 or 5 on a PC ;) These titles have seen some of the most drastic changes and redefinements of mechanics and gameplay of the series to date. Not all are conductive to fun, mind you, but they are drastic indeed :)

6. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I think the "spirit" of his comment was that the core gameplay is pretty much unchanged. I agree with you on some of the changes to the latest PC iterations, however. I couldn't shake the feeling that they were a valiant effort to fix something that wasn't broken.

7. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    So I guess the most important question is if the AI is improved and offers any kind of a challenge...hopefully it is and we can all enjoy the single player more than the first iOS Civ Rev.

8. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    True. But I don't play console games, I only buy iPhone games and the price range of games on the App Store rarely goes above $10. I think it is fair to compare prices of games on the same platform... Because an Xbox game is definitely worth much more than a typical iPhone game, no? Unless of course it's a faithful port (I think Xcom is an example, though I've never tried it) or an excellent quality game (I really like lone wolf and deus ex).

Analogy: I only drink regular coffee from a vending machine that costs $1. Other people buy Starbucks coffee for $10. One day a new vending machine appears, selling $4 coffee. This gets me thinking: is it that much better than my regular coffee for me to part with four times the normal cash?

My point is, if it's worth it then all is well and good, but with that price, I think it is fair to expect a higher quality game. Here's hoping that it meets expectations! Cheers

(PS not from US so I don't know the price of coffee in $... Just guesstimating :) )

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why is it not sold on any App Store???

10. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I think this is a world-release on same time.

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Was wondering the same, maybe just like Ravio they wait until everyone passed midnight

12. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Maybe ... but when? :confused:

13. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Being a pc gameer it's shameful that I never played civilization series before,Had a lot of opportunities but never got around to actually play them.Hopefully this will be a fully featured game aka Xcom,I'll gladly pay 20$ for if it's anything close to Xcom quality.:)

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    01:00 AM and still nothing on German store ... :(

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This looks like it's going to be a simultaneous worldwide release sometime July 2nd. I would imagine it will be tonight or in the morning California time since that is where 2K is located.

16. champinoman

champinoman New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    It is currently online in Australia at $18.99AUD. Download is 408MB.

I haven't bought it yet; the removal of multiplayer means I'll wait to hear reviews.

Push notifications seemed like a perfect match for a turn based strat...

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    AI still braindead?

Does it include the unique units/buildings added later via IAP to the original iOS version?

Those choices after defeating the barbarians looked like a clever new gameplay tweak.

18. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA