Looking for feedback on a very early prototype, pattern matching/building game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by claytical, May 16, 2014.

1. claytical

claytical Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Professor
    Miami, FL
    I just started working on a new game I'm calling Unsavory. You play as a fast food worker putting together orders. It's similar to Streetfood Tycoon where an order comes up and you match the ingredients to create the order. The big difference is that you're working for a chain, so you don't get any of that entrepreneurial spirit of making money... and you get sick.

Basically, as the game goes on if you don't take care of yourself, your health gets progressively worse. This comes in the form of sneezing. If you blow chunks all over your food, you have to go home and only get paid for the hours worked versus a full day. When you're really sick, you end up wiping your nose... a lot.

I put up a web based version here. If there's interest in putting it on your phone, here's the referral link for TestFlight. I'd love to get some feedback. Specifically, is the central mechanic enjoyable? This is really early on in the process, so there's no art yet. I'd love to know what direction you all would take it.

The story mode will be a 20 day (level) sprint to pay your bills before getting evicted. Endless will build up like Tetris, quicker time between orders (along with increasing sickness). Thoughts on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Clay