Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    You can cast it in S!4 (and learn that it is
    the counter to ZOB
    ). But I guess you already know that? :eek:

2. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I didn't know it was the counter, thanks!

I have cast it in S4, and since posting I have learned of a new situation where it is helpful, I just wondered if there was a way to get it added to the Spellbook in advance. The two other spells you can add in S3 count toward
    the five hidden spells
    even if you never cast them in S4.

3. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Woops, I'm a little late to the S!4 party, it seems.

I'm planning to do another walkthrough/playthrough guide/item guide of part 4, similar to the google doc of S!3 i did awhile back. Optimally I'd like to combine the two guides, and the dream is also to add parts one and two into the mix (but thats longterm). I'm gonna need alot of help for this though, is anyone here willing to help out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The_Sorceress

The_Sorceress Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    PMed you.

5. Lexx87

Lexx87 New Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Carrying the Sun Orb to sorcery 4?

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen if keeping the trapped sun serpent has any impact on Sorcery 4? Or the game assumes one escapes and that you didn't succeed in killing them all?

Also where is the ferryman to get you over the lake? With the whistle nothing happens in day or night time

Alex

6. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    1. I haven't played that far in S4 yet, but reading a few of the other player's posts, it seems it has a bit of impact.
    2. Make sure you are not pointing any beacon at the lake. Also, he won't come if you have already
    killed the Air Serpent

7. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Me too.

8. heckagumshoe

heckagumshoe Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Is there any way to blind myself at the steam geysers? I got shot in the eye and then wrapped it up, but I never saw anything else about the state of my eye or my neat new accessory

9. Saalistava

Saalistava New Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Can you share the code now? =)
    Also can you playthrough include gettin Yb'ran as a deity?

10. Nightjar

Nightjar New Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Are there any basic walkthroughs/guides for 4 up and about yet? As much fun as I'm having dying in various ridiculous manners, I'm hopeless at actually finishing these things by myself. I need so much hand-holding. Plus
    the promise of a romance with Flanker (I knew there was some potential! I knew I wasn't going crazy!) makes me want to get that ending at least once before I muck up horribly a dozen other times.

I realise it's not long out though, so of course I'm willing to wait however long. The S3 guide was well worth the time!

11. Andyzero

Andyzero Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Shadrack trick

I found this out in my NBAS run. In the lower left of the map after the cliff, go to somewhere you want go to the past version of, and then go to Shadracks cave, read the notice (sleep if its night and then read it in the morning, it doesn't matter with this trick), shout Shadracks name. The winds of Time will gather, but DO NOT click on the menu for listening to the singing, shouting who's there, etc. Spin the point for resetting time back to where you want to go. The winds of time will disperse, do not click on reseting time. Go back to Shadrack. The Winds of Time will gather again. Keep doing this until eventually (I'm not sure what causes this) The winds of time will get Bugs Bunnied into gathering while you have the reset timer over the reset location.

Not only does this not activate Shadrack, but gives you one adventure in the past at the spot. (And no time spent travelling to Shadrack and back because you reset time), since you didn't activate Shadrack, you can do this multiple times. You can do this for Elthera's hill (but not her cave), the giant woodcutter (get a water gourd by watching him), edible berries in the spot south of the giant woodcutter, the bee idol (honey and wax if you use a pipe to blow and suck) and even the bridge, which you can cross simply by walking.

Can anyone mess with this further?

12. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    NBAS and a Rock Demon Tooth?

Is there anyway to keep the Rock Demon tooth in a NBAS run?

When I land in the lake after the Steppe Beacon trick, I have to drop it to keep swimming, even to the nearby Time Serpent island.

13. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I have not found a way to keep it after jumping in the lake. However, if you go to Tinpang and wait for the time winds to illuminate the tooth shop, you can buy one there.

14. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    #554 Andyzero, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Rock Demon Tooth in NBAS Run

I'm encountering an interesting situation. As soon as I buy the Tooth, the silver bells start vanishing from the islands, and the boat gets stolen by fishermen if I leave it. (This only happens once I get the Tooth) Meaning the Tooth gets lost as you can't swim with it

Edit: I have discovered how to get past this. You MUST have the whistle, and you must fight the Air Serpent as the Ferryman last. Do not kill him in the storm. Do everything you want to do in the area by swimming, except Y'Bran. (The Ferryman is looking for you, avoid him each time). After you buy the Rock Demon tooth, the only way you can get the boat is by summoning the Ferryman at the shore with the whistle. You have JUST enough time before the Ferryman reveals himself to go to Y'Bran's Isle; if you want to worship him. The bell will be broken, so you can summon the Ferryman again using the whistle. Then, do not land anywhere except the Xamen Road and end game.

15. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    Random amusements

You can easily kill the Rock Demon with the KIN spell. (needs gold mirror)

You can easily kill the Moon Serpent with the ZOB spell. This uses up the Tooth, but there are two others in the game. (Does anyone know if there's anywhere else in Sorc3 you can cast the spell?)

16. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    You can cast SOB at
    Bria's Grave.
    <- That's a doozy, and may not make sense/spoil if you haven't gotten a certain ending in S4.

17. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #557 Kaboobie, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Yes, I asked the question long before Game +1 was introduced. I was talking about the first playthrough. :)

Also, it was before I discovered you can officially learn this spell in S4, by going down into the ravine and reading a pair of carvings (which also teach you that SOB and ZOB are counterspells).

18. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I am certain I've never run into trouble after buying the tooth. I let the Ferryman pick me up after swimming to the Time Serpent's island, then after killing him I can keep the boat and sail wherever I want. If it ever gets stolen, I just rewind. If you're playing Game +1 without rewind I guess that wouldn't work...

19. Uppercase

Uppercase New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I am completely stuck wandering around trying to figure out what I am going to do. I have explored the first area, probably missed some stuff there but seem to have no way to go back. I have explored the second area fully, I have explored the third area and activated the beacon. I have explored the fourth area fully.

Now when I try to reach the lake area I have no clue how to get there, I tried pointing the beacon towards both the bridge by the mountain and the bridge in the forest as well as in between to rebuild the walkway with no luck. This is the only beacon I have been able to activate.

Any idea on what I have missed?

20. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    There's two ways. Either use the beacons on the bridge, or a beacon on the Steppe Beacon and cast Zip at the top.

If you're doing a NBAS run, you'll have to enter the Steppe Beacon JUST as the Winds of Time blow over it. This is tricky. (and only works for NBAS)