Is iDracula still worth it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by golob, Dec 21, 2009.

1. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Is iDracula still worth it even though its pretty old now? If not, what other similar game is the best?

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

well it was on sale for 99 cents but that sale ended today...
    it might still be on though.

ive never played it though, so i have no idea

3. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    To be honest, after games like Alive4Ever and Minigore come out, it feels really aged, at least on my end.

I'd say you should get one of the above mentioned games in place of it, but read more on them before you decide ;)

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I still think it's one of the best dual stick shooters. It's worth it if you like this sort of game.

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I agree. Not to discredit iDracula but your better off with Alive4ever or Minigore.

After the latest update, I enjoy Minigore the most. ;)

6. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    OK, should I get Alive4Ever or NOVA? I'm thinking NOVA is probably a better game, but it also costs a lot more. Also, I like the kind of upgrades systems and RPG elements that it sounds like Alive4Ever has. Are they good in the game? Like not unbalanced or pointless or anything. And hopefully there are a lot of weapon choices and upgrades.

Edit: Do you think either will go on sale by New Years?

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

alive4ever imo

8. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    If you have a friend with an iPod Touch or iPhone, Alive4Ever can be a lot of fun. It has quite a bit of weapons and items, you can have 3 items equipped that give you upgrades. You can level up and assign points to different skills like health etc. It's pretty good.

9. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Sounds cool. I just noticed there is a lite version of iDracula and I tried it for a couple minutes and I liked it. Is Alive4Ever basically a better version that is worth the extra $2? Also, does it ever get repetitive and/or boring?

10. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Alive4Ever is a Left4Dead clone, lots of zombies, same types etc. If you like the gameplay, then it probably won't get boring as there is a good variety of levels and gold medals on each level you can get to unlock items.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes it is better and worth it. After I beat the game and maxed all my characters out I got bored. Still a solid game.

12. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Cool, I think I'll get it. It sounds like it should last a while before I get bored, so that's fine. Hopefully I can convince some of my friends to get it too.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

alive4ever has 30 levels with a boss every 10 levels, two survivl modes(wave and survival), 4 different characters with unique stats, upgrading stats with points, loads of real guns, and a heck of a lot of blood.

just get it.

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I still believe that iDracula is the best. It has a great variety of weapons and perks.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ya just had to go and ruin the streak didnt ya?:p

at least you expressed your own opinion

16. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    So now the question is should I get NOVA as well and blow $10?

17. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You should get BloodNGuns instead of Alive 4-Ever. And NOVA is definitely worth it.

18. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I thought it was never worth much

19. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    It's better than Minigore. With multiple modes and weapons it is in my opinion superior to a game that just has 4 weapons and different character skins.

Bet you've never heard a beta tester say the game they are testing is bad before. But with co-op it will redeem itself.

20. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Isotope and iDracula are the most polished and well executed dual stick shooters I've played. There's another one that has much better graphics (technically speaking, you still have to decide if you like their art style), but I forget the name...the "enemy types" (mostly astroids) were too bland for me so I won't recommend it.