Space Scorpion 2113

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mathusalemrex, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Mathusalemrex

Mathusalemrex Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2012
    #1 Mathusalemrex, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    Hi, Im an indie game developer currently producing a side scrolling shooter, with a sting in the tale, Its a popular genre I know, but I've had a few ideas that have never been used before which I hope will make it stand out. But as its still in production I thought I would ask you the player what you would like to see happen in the game, maybe old features from your past favourites or something a bit more original... Anything goes... I have a boss made of Blancmange.... Look forward to your Insight...

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Any clue about screenshot?

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    We can't really suggest much without a background to the game.
    Seeming as indie developers get a lot of their recognition for the fact they are a small development group, make sure you spell the word 'indie' right in the future :p

4. Mathusalemrex

Nov 8, 2012
    Aha!

Perhaps my request was unclear, I can be a bit vague sometimes, sorry. I am making a side scrolling shooter, like R-type for example, your a space ship shoot other spaceship collecting power ups etc. What are your favourite power ups/Bosses from your favourite shoot em ups that you would like to see revisited. Perhaps you have an idea for a power up or boss that you would like to see appear in this type of game.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ah I see now, space shooters should always have constant action- if it isn't one big enemy, have lots of little ones. Bosses should be fun to beat, powerful, but not TOO powerful as to make people rage quit.
    Just a question, by 'side scrolling' do you mean on a horizontal plane, or vertical plane? Most space shooters have you at the bottom, and enemies coming from the top.
    Checking out some shooters would be a place to start- get a feel for the sub genre, and then you might have a grasp on what you would like it the game.

Although you are 'revisiting' (taking others ideas) other games features, don't make the game a rip-off of some game that was successful in the past. We have seen too many angry birds rip-offs, and people don't like them, so you MUST make it original- dont steal everything from other games.
    Lastly, will it be free/paid/freemium?

6. Mathusalemrex

Nov 8, 2012
    #6 Mathusalemrex, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    Cheers

Thanks for the feedback. Im gonna release in chapters, Prologue free, chapters paid... Its horizontal...

Im not planning on a clone of any one in particular, the ones that are out at the moment are too short, or ad ridden, or money sinks, Im looking to do whats needed for it to be successful basically. But come away from the annoyance of current titles.

Weapons wise so far i got...

Single Shot
    Multi
    Lazer
    Plasma
    Tesla
    Missile Storm
    Plasma Storm
    Lazer Storm
    Orbitals x >9
    Time Warp
    RR (secret)

Boss=Ammonite, Cealiocanth

Attached Files:

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Boss: A Trex with a howitzer lashed onto its back.

8. Mathusalemrex

Nov 8, 2012
    Here we go...

good good...

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    SPACE OCTOPUS! GIMMEEEEE!

Yeah the game looks alright from what I can tell from the pictures.

Will it be touch or tilt (both? :O)

10. Mathusalemrex

Nov 8, 2012
    Ooh yes...

One Ocotopus coming up...

I've done it touch... ship moves to where you put your finger, tap to shoot, tap with two fingers to activate special.

Could do tilt, but you'd still have to tap, not a fan of auto fire and tilt, but will include if people prefer...

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    No I prefer touch :) HUZZAH FOR THE OCTOPUS!
    Maybe you could make a shoot button, or, if you tap on the left side of the screen you will move there, and if you tap/hold on the right you will shoot?
    Just some ideas :) rapidly tapping can be annoying, but so is auto fire- so a button would be nice...