★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-31-2015, 02:50 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 870
I'll be posting an update on my blog about what we're doing with our older titles as well as how our new pricing will work, but first I've got to get Tiny TrackZ finished and submitted today!
07-31-2015, 03:05 AM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
I'll be posting an update on my blog about what we're doing with our older titles as well as how our new pricing will work, but first I've got to get Tiny TrackZ finished and submitted today!
My hat's off to you, good sir. Keep up the good work.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

07-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
Did you have the final purchase with infinite wings?



It will only restore non consumable purchases, which in Any Landing are the last one you make that gives you infinite wings. The App Store doesn't let you restore consumable IAP items.

Hm that'd be the $9.99 purchase, right? No, didn't purchase that. On the other hand, it shows "$0.00 bought " which is consistent with "restore purchases" doing nothing (I don't get credit even for what I spent before? Not terribly upsetting if not, just would be nice )...
07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by countBasil View Post
Hm that'd be the $9.99 purchase, right? No, didn't purchase that. On the other hand, it shows "$0.00 bought " which is consistent with "restore purchases" doing nothing (I don't get credit even for what I spent before? Not terribly upsetting if not, just would be nice )...
Yes, that threw a few people but it's an unfortunate side effect of the way the IAP consumable system works. In Any Landing, we used consumables up until the final purchase as being able to restore non consumables meant players could by $0.99 of wings, progress a bit, restore purchases and get another bunch of wings, progress a bit etc.

The problem was this had the downside that your purchases were the same as in any other F2P game until they were made 'safe' by the final purchase.

So for Snap Match Soccer and Fast Fishing, we switched it all to non consumable purchases, with the caveat that restoring purchases also reset your game.

The 'ideal' balance would have been a new IAP system from Apple that just credited NCIAP towards a final purchase, but that would be a bit of an ask

We do have a safety net in place though, can you PM me with your game center handle if you have one?
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Nah it's okay. Glad to support you a bit more
08-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by countBasil View Post
Nah it's okay. Glad to support you a bit more
Thanks!

While we're waiting for our new game Tiny TrackZ to be approved ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=267276 ). I've been working on an update to the original Any Landing, which will be renamed Any Landing PlayNice and a new paid version (which will logically just be called Any Landing). Apart from some bug fixing, the main issue has been getting the game working properly on the newer iPhone screen sizes, which it does now.
08-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 564
Sweet.

I'll be buying the paid version once it is released!

Billy