Alawar Independence Day Sale!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by abutova, Jul 1, 2011.

1. abutova

abutova Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    #1 abutova, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    19 of Alawar games for iPhone and iPad are now on sale!

Celebrate Independence Day by saving big on our newest hits and a selection of our time-honored classics, from The Treasures of Montezuma to Snark Busters! Pack your Apple devices with hours of fun!

Twisted Lands: Shadow Town
    Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club!
    Vacation Mogul
    Alabama Smith in Escape from Pompeii
    Snowy: The Bear's Adventure
    Hamlet
    The Treasures of Montezuma
    Amelie's Cafe
    Gourmania
    Sunshine Acres
    The Treasures of Mystery Island

STOCK UP! (will open iTunes)
    You can also just search for "alawar" on the App Store to see the entire games catalog.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I have them all, except three games. As stated in the Snark Busters thread, but now there are going even more iTunes bucks away. :D

What are the prices for these games?

3. abutova

abutova Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Depends on the version, iPhone or iPad. However most of iPad games are now $1.99 and iPhone games are $0.99.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #4 Vovin, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

Oh my... guess I won't get away without nearly completing my Alawar collection.

I also told my friends here to either support you or to get tarred and feathered. :)

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    which ones of them I have to take?????????
    I want them all!!!

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I don't have any of them too, which one should I buy first?
    I'm thinking Hamlet and Twisted Lands.

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Bad choices!!! Wait for Big Fish and G5 sales to get some serious hidden objects-puzzles game (regarding Twisted Lands) and don't pick up Hamlet...very very short!!

Try again :)

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    There is nothing wrong with Twisted Lands; not only does it have high production values, it also has a substantial length to it (for this type of game, at any rate), and a strong adventure component that elevates it above a lot of the offerings from the other houses. Pure HOGs are, fortunately, on the way out in favour of adventure game hybrids, and I'm glad to see that. If you can pick up TL for $1 (or equivalent), it shouldn't even be a question in your mind.

Hamlet is a little different; it's more along the lines of Gobliiins and Machinarium, albeit with shorter rooms and fewer puzzles. It's more of an abstract game, with very minimal text and dialogue, where tapping on the environment to see what it does and how it interacts is basically the way to progress. It's not hugely long (you'll probably find it takes you an hour or so depending on how you do with the puzzles), but for $1, still worth playing.

Personally, I'm still more a fan of the old point-and-click style of adventure (Gabriel Knight, Broken Sword, etc.) of which there are too few on the app store, but I've still picked up most of the offerings from Big Fish, Alawar, and G5 for my iPod.

9. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Well actually I don't have to wait. All Big Fish Games has been on sale since last week (iphone $.99 and iPad $1.99) and I've just bought Secret Mission (full).
    I have most of Big Fish games (except the ones with IAP).

Because of your opinion, hmmm hesitating.....

Is Hamlet as short as Scarlett and the Spark of Life?
    If so, then..... rethinking on buying...

I'll try again... on another apps. :)

10. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I have been trying to grab the IAP for Dancing Craze HD since last night, but I keep getting an error that it can't connect. :( Is there an issue with the server somewhere?

Also, playing the Lite/Demo of Dancing Craze, it will not use the player name I type in. It just defaults to Player, Player1, Player2, etc. no matter what I type. Does that get fixed after I download the IAP? I want to buy it for my daughter and would like to have two named players so we don't have to remember who is 'Player' and who is 'Player1'.

11. Neogeo

Neogeo Active Member

Jul 4, 2011
    That's hard to choose... Which one is better? Any videos?

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Get Twisted Lands if you like hidden object/adventure games. At $0.99 on iPhone it's a can't miss. Snark Busters is probably just as good, but it's $1.99 for the iPhone version. Still well worth it.