What happened to the Appshopper app?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Artfoundry, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Ever since the big update to AS a few mos ago, the app has seriously declined in value. The TA app no longer links to it (though maybe that's an issue with the TA app?) and the AS stream no longer shows all the newest releases - it seems to be loosely based on what friends you're following?

I keep waiting/hoping these will get fixed, but it's been months now. Anyone know if they will? I so miss being able to link from a game I find on TA to AS to add it to my list without having to do a search. And the AS database doesn't even seem to be getting updated quickly either - just tried searching for 2k Drive and COD: strike team, and neither of them came up.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I believe you have to follow the AS person thing to get the latest updates and not just friend stuff. I don't remember exactly how it worked because I quickly switched back to the original version of the app. The new one is weird, but I guess by necessity.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It was replaced by Appshopper Social, which totally sucks. At least there is the awesome TA app and the equally awesome AppZapp.

4. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Yay, they finally updated the TA app to connect with Appshopper. Happy once again. :)

5. hoobastank68

hoobastank68 Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Can someone explain the benefits of using TA/AP apps?

6. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Customized UI for the small screen and being able to go directly from a game's description page in TA to AS to save it to your list.