Universal Underhand (by Spoopy Squad)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Oct 10, 2017.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    First three gods unlocked, good tip on checking artwork for the jungle, any other tips?

Finding it resource heavy on iPhone 6 - ANY other app run, and this one shuts down.

Unfortunately this combined with the fact it doesn’t seem to save progress for any given run until you Win (or Lose), means it’s limited to longer sessions, can’t just pick up, put down and continue playing.. anyone else finding this?

2. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Summoned 4 gods so far (almost 5!) Some general tips:

* The events in your deck seem to be random. Some combinations are just going to be really difficult. You might need to attempt a god a few times before you find a good combination of events
    * Summoning is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. You need to get into a good groove with the events, to the point where you could almost indefinitely continue playing
    * Many of the quests (such as the Whale) require you to retry the same quest over and over. I'm not sure if there's a certain number you have to hit, or if it's just a low % chance of success. (I wish the dev handled this with flipped tarot cards like in Hand of Fate). If you're not progressing the quest, just keep trying until you do
    * Greed (having more than 15 cards) and Police Raids (having 5 or more suspicion) are really bad and should be avoided at all costs
    * Taking suspicion isn't always bad - for instance, if you have some event that costs 3 suspicion, it might be worth trying to build suspicion to that level in order to complete that event
    * This isn't a resource accumulation game, it's a resource management game. It's very rare that I'll ever take the 'big' events that give you 5+ resources
    * Learn what each quest requires. Some require more of certain resources, so you should prepare for that
    * Keep track of what events are in your run. If you have 'Gods Demand Sacrifice' you'd better make sure you always have a cultist ready to sacrifice
    * Relics are really important -
    it seems like most of the bosses require them to finish
    * In case anyone is stuck after summoning the second god.
    When you have 0 food cards, a new event for the 3rd god (a vampire) gets added to your deck. Complete this quest to summon the third god

Still really enjoying the game, it's a ton of fun! The only thing that I wish the game provided was some kind of 'main story' that gets revealed as you progress. Other than that, the game is nearly perfect to me.

3. Maverik

Maverik Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    All done :). More???

4. defaultchar

defaultchar Member

Aug 11, 2017
    #24 defaultchar, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    >Police Raids (having 5 or more suspicion) are really bad and should be avoided at all costs

Disagree to a hilarious extent: The RoI for Suspicion Gain is way, wayyyy off for me to actually care at all. Best example is the "Kidnap people" and "Rob Bank": Police Raid costs 2 Cultist or 3 Money for (3-6 Suspicion). Kidnap People is 2 Cultists for 1 Suspicion, Rob Bank is 4 money for 2 Suspicion.

In fact, because Police Raid drains more suspicion the higher your current is, you actually want to accumulate as much of it as possible, as quickly as you can.

100% agree on greed though. It's pretty much "30% chance you instantly lose the game"

Not sure how I feel about this so far: It's pretty fun, but I've managed to lock myself into an unwinnable state 2-3 times so far which is infuriating (Physically incapable of making Relics, need more then I have left), which is... irritating. Core loop is also a huge amount of "Solve your deck, then repeat ad nauseum"

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I do enjoy the game for the most part, it can get to a point where you’re only concerned with a primary multi-step quest whcih you can only possibly move forward in 1x per deck cycle. So it’s meeting the requirements of the quest to get the next card dropped in your deck and then impatiently racing through your whole deck of events until your deck is reshuffled and you can see the next step of the quest. As SlothWerks stated earlier, this game is more a marathon than a sprint as there have been many times where, in a single game, I’ll be 3-4 steps into the main quest when I’m then forced back to step 1 of the quest! Which means at the very least I’ll now have to cycle through my deck 3+x just to get back to where I was. :eek:

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Totally free without forced ads?

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Totes

8. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Elaborate? I've been playing TtA nonstop, so I am intrigued.

9. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Installing right now

10. chfuji

chfuji Member

May 12, 2017
    More!

Well, I stayed up late and then spent most of my lunch break to unlock all of the gods, so I guess now I wait. This was a lot of fun and I’m really hoping that they expand on the game (more gods, event cards, etc.) I would even be more than happy to pay for more content.

11. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Genius! I salute the developer for such a unique card game system with a lot of flavour. Finished too soon, but I played it obsessively for a day. This could have made a terrific one-box(no collectable) solo card game and can be a real competitive duel like one with clashing cults with some minor adjustments and hindering effects. I am really happy that there are still some non-degenerate developers doing quality work in a world riddled with fraudmium, consumamble, iap and dlc evils #

12. Rizkyep12

Rizkyep12 New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Had to create account to praise this game. Just finished it and im surprised there is no wiki or encyclopedia just in case there is secret god.
    Here's some God Blessings tips

God's Blessings

1. God of beginning <Inheritance> Great way to get early Relic

2. Rhybaax <Necromancy> Easy way to get 2C only for 1S

3. Windigoo <Organ Harvest> Easy food. You sacrifice 1P/C to get 2F and 1P back.

4. Jhai'ti <Assassination> is very efficient to reduce Susp. 1C to get rid of 3S.

5. Kekujira <Holiday> Is trading 1M for 1C and 1F. <Aeromancy> is a versatile card. Either you can reduce susp or get food.

6. Yacare is the best god. <Start a Farm> trades 2M for 3x random harvest event. It can be 1F/1C, 3F/3C, 1R/5C or Crop failure each event. <Oomancy> is free Foresight. Or spend 1F to discard up to 3 next card at your will.

7. Uhl'uht'c is the hardest god to summon--and to pronounce. <Sacrificial Pact> is trading 1R for 5F or 5C. And <Soothsayer> is Oomancy but instead of spending 1F, You have to spend 1M to discard.

CMIIW

13. Rizkyep12

Rizkyep12 New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    General Tips

1. Card Priority: Relic > Cultist > Food > Money > Prisoner > Suspicion

2. You cant complete 2 gods at the same time. But its ok to try both to know their demands and decide which one you gonna summon

3. Calculate your deck. How many Susp and Reduce Susp card and balance it out

4. If you dont have tribute for <Gods Demand Sacrifice>, dont use 1 relic immediately. Accept <God's Wrath> and try to get 5C/P asap. If you cant, then use that relic.

5. Uhl'uht'q is the longest and hardest god marathon. First demand, you get free 3 Susp. Second, you have to provide 3C/P. Third, you have to provide 3M. Fourth, you provide 2M,2C,2F. And Fifth, you have to provide a relic. Failing will result to up to x5 <God's Wrath>

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @Rizkyep12

So while it's abundantly clear which blessing come with each unlocked God, do they come with their own hazards as well? Like is the Tax Man something that can show up in any game or only if I've included "God of Beginning"?

Also related, does it matter how you handle the Spoiled Food (not sure if I have the name right, but you know the event) or Disease events? I'm assuming no matter what choice I make these annoying events will stay in with each cycle of the deck.

15. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Unlocked all gods. It was definitely fun and the game could use a 1 or 2EUR DLC with another 6 gods.

I don't think there are fixed negative cards based on the blessings you choose.
    I had to try twice for the 'egg'-god, used the same blessings and in one run there were maggots in the pantry, in the other that card was not present.
    That doesn't prove there are no fixed negatives, but shows that some are at least random given repeated conditions.

Also it would be cool to have a sort of unlock effects on those cards too like the mentioned 'throw food away' keeps the maggots, but pay for the exterminator to get rid of that card.

16. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    I love the cult aspect to this game. I love watching YouTube videos on cults. This game is the perfect level of dark / twisted / fun.

17. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    notes/bugs/wish-list

A few notes/bugs/wish-list items:

Wishlist:
    -It’d be nice to have the option to turn off Music separate from Sound. I see the voice option is already there.

-More the point it’d be nice to have a volume slider for each. The music, though cool, can get monotonous after enough play-throughs.

-Ability to continue from where you left off if the game crashes or otherwise has to shut down temporarily.

-Different backgrounds (perhaps purchasable through IAP). For example, maybe a window with overcast clouds, rain, and occasional rolling thunder, replacing the fire-place sound.

Bugs:
    -Sometimes getting a phone call mid game will cause it to crash

-Exiting the game momentarily and returning to it causes an audio bug where the music either stops entirely or else returns at a fraction of its intended volume

-The music loop-point is a bit buggy. There’s a moment in the loop when the ride cymbal suddenly becomes extremely loud. Kind of jarring.

Questions:
    -Is there any difference in outcome between choosing “Hire an Exterminator” and “Salvage what remains?” If you don’t have lots of food choosing “Salvage” appears to be the much better option since you end up losing 1 Food either way.

-Does anybody know what determines when the fish god card finally appears (as opposed to endlessly re-casting the line? Is it random?

-Does choosing 1 vs 2 vs 3 Blessings change the likelihood of other (non-Blessing) cards from ever appearing? Are we limited just to X number of cards per game, and thus using more Blessing knocks certain other cards completely out of play? (ie: is there any benefit to only choosing 1 Blessing?”)

Awesome game, by the way. I too am shocked by the $0 price-tag. At least worth $1 or $2. Very unique game. Please don’t let it go the “ad-only” route. Or if you find ad-revenue helpful, at least add a IAP “no ads” option. Also, as other folks mentioned, further updates via IAP would be excellent. (You’d have at least a few bites, judging by the comments on this board.)

Congrats again!

18. ChronoSigma

ChronoSigma Member

Oct 19, 2017
    This game reminds me a lot of Reigns, another resource management game. But this is Free to play, which is even better.
    Great game. Unlocked 5 gods now, still trying to collect them all.
    Would be great if there is a hint system or something, especially the Wiindigo one. Although after a few attempts, I've got it (I'll not spoiler here)
    Hope to see expansions(Paid DLC or free) to the game in the future.

19. Rizkyep12

Rizkyep12 New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    @LordGek

I dont think God's blessing affect your entire deck. They seems to just added 2 extra card to your deck, and cards like Gods demand sacrifice or Wandering childrens are just randomly appear in your deck every playthrough. If you get a really bad deck, its probably better to restart your game.