Looking for a partner in promoting our games

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by EyeBreaker, Jan 11, 2013.

1. EyeBreaker

EyeBreaker Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Hi, we have recently developed and launched two great games Eye Jumper and Eye Breaker. Both games represent a completely new approach in mobile gaming and we are getting amazing feedback from players. We have also hit the top 3 overall market in the Slovenian App Store just by posting on one forum. I think we have a great opportunity here, but given the fact that our team is more or less developers we dont have the right marketing knowledge to go beyond this stage.

We are looking for a person or team which is willing to join us and help us promote our current and future games.

If interested please contact me.

Aljosa

2. BeatScribe

BeatScribe Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Composer/Writer
    Illinois
  3. cottontail

cottontail Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Mobile apps
    BY
    Looks cool. Drop me a PM regarding the promo.

4. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #4 Therealtrebitsch, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Before you pay insane ammounts of money to some shady people, you can try to do the basic stuff to promote your apps yourself (which are pretty cool imho, although nothing groundbreaking).

There are literally hundreds of marketing tips all over the internet.
    Start with submitting your app for review sites.

You can start with this list: http://www.brokeindieguys.com/p/review-sites.html

Then follow up with this one: http://www.apptlantis.com/app_reviews

After that you can start using AdWords for banner advertisement in apps, then Buysellads.com for cheap advertisement on iphone sites and blogs.

Then you can try all the offerwall and pay-per-install solutions, which mostly are rip offs in my opinion.

The guy you will pay to market your app won't do anything else.

5. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Don't forget to have a good trailer to catch the reviewers.

6. EyeBreaker

EyeBreaker Member

Jul 24, 2012
    thx for all the links. Unfortunately when I contact the review sites mentioned in this post I hardly get back a reply sometimes.

7. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Frankly, having tried EyeBreaker, I would say tune it some more before spending much money on advertising. There is a novelty factor of course, and it even worked a little better than I expected, but the controls are necessarily imprecise and I think not a good fit for a breaker game. It's probably better for jump, though I haven't tried that. I imagine you yourself would get better during all the testing, so might not notice this (I know this probably would happen to me).
    Perhaps making the game somehow more forgiving of errors might help. But really, I think it would be much better to use these controls for a game with more "binary" input, e.g. an endless runner with only a jump control.

Just my 2 cents, sorry if it is a bit negative. Good luck with these games or whatever other games you might use the controls in.

8. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

9. EyeBreaker

EyeBreaker Member

Jul 24, 2012
  10. EyeBreaker

EyeBreaker Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Do you offer video trailers? How much for a 30 sec. trailer?